Makro introduces Makroclick for online shopping and delivery

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Makro introduces Makroclick for online shopping and delivery

Post by Gaybutton »

Makro has joined the bandwagon of grocery delivery services. Makroclick. It is available both online and via a smartphone app.

See: https://www.makroclick.com/en

You can register with either an email address or your telephone number. If you have a Makro card, register with the card number, although you can also register without a Makro card.

I did not see anything about a minimum order amount, so if there is a minimum I don't know what it is. If anyone finds out, please post.

If you have any questions, Makro's call center number is: 02 335 5300

I prefer to do all my shopping personally, but not everyone has a car. If I was using a motorbike and was going to order more than I could reasonably carry on the motorbike, I would go to Makro, shop and make a list of everything I want to buy, maybe buy a few items, and then use the app to order and have everything else delivered.

photo from Pattaya Mail
Bangkokian

Re: Makro introduces Makroclick for online shopping and delivery

Post by Bangkokian »

I've been using this for some weeks here in mid-Bangkok.
I always assumed (but not sure) that the minimum order was one thousand Baht.
The delivery charge, whether I ordered one item or several,was sixty Baht.
One time, I accidentally ordered the same things twice and a very helpful lady phoned to ask if I really meant this.
I first went onto them because they had two kilo blocks of mousetrap Cheddar for about seven hundred Baht (but now sadly sold out).
Gaybutton

Re: Makro introduces Makroclick for online shopping and delivery

Post by Gaybutton »

I was in Makro today and asked. The clerk called Bangkok to check. They said there is no minimum order. If your total order is only 10 baht and you are willing to pay the delivery charge, that's fine with them. She did confirm the current delivery charge is 60 baht, but in November that fee is likely to go up depending on the delivery distance. No matter what the delivery charge might be, I would still tip the driver.