90-day address report online

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

90-day address report online

Post by Gaybutton »

We've had a few posts about this on other topics, but I'll make this its own topic. For those of you who need to do the 90-day address report, you can do it online rather than physically going to immigration. I just did mine that way and it worked.

Here is the link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

How about that - they managed to come up with an app that actually works.

Two things to remember:

1. You can submit the report within 15 days of its due date, but greater than 7 days before the due date. I advise doing it that way because it takes a few days to receive the approval. Also, you still have time to go to immigration if necessary in case something goes wrong.

2. On the opening page of the app, there is an information panel. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of it, rather than trying to ignore it. At the bottom you have to check the I Have Read It box and then click "accept". Otherwise you can't go any further. After that, it is quite self explanatory.
You can look at that right now to see what I mean, even if you're not going to do the report now.

Wait a few days and then go back to the app to download the approval, print it out, and put it into your passport.
Gaybutton

Re: 90-day adress report online

Post by Gaybutton »

I take back the part where I said wait a few days. Maybe because not so many farang are even in Thailand right now, but I checked and received the approval and the receipt today - the same day I submitted the report. The receipt is the part you print out and put in your passport. It looks exactly like the receipt they give you if you go to immigration to do the report.

I'm delighted this works, especially now with so much road construction around Pattaya's immigration office that it's a pain just getting there and even more of a pain trying to find a place to park. It is definitely much nicer to be able to do this from the comfort of home.

Now the only time I'll need to physically go to immigration will be to renew the retirement visa.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Much appreciated.

I've been totally ignoring this App since it was first created due to the problems so many people were experiencing - but now it sounds like they have their act together.

My Report is due next week - perfect timing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:04 pm now it sounds like they have their act together.
It definitely worked easily for me, so apparently they finally do have their act together. Some aspects of the app may be confusing the first time you try it and the first time you look for the receipt. Let me know if that happens to you and I will try to explain what to do.

After you submit the report a page will pop up and will include a transaction number. Make sure to save the transaction number. You will need it when you are ready to see if you have been approved and want to download or print the receipt for your passport. Without that number, you would have to start over again. When you need to use the transaction number, you can just copy it and paste it in.

My report wasn't due until the end of the month, but I did mine as soon as allowable since I had no idea whether it was going to work or how long it will take to get the approval and receipt. I was very pleasantly surprised that I got the approval and receipt only a few hours after submitting the report.

The receipt, just like the one from immigration, shows the due date for the next report. I did mine today, September 17. The receipt shows the next one is due by December 15.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Also appreciated.

I've cut n' paste your instructions for future reference.

Fingers crossed I can get this thing to work.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:56 am Fingers crossed I can get this thing to work.
Let us know.

"Ref Number" - to check the status of your 90-day address report to see if you have been approved

"Passport Information" - after you have been approved, "Passport Information" is where you will find the receipt that goes into your passport and replaces the old receipt.
puan

Post by puan »

Just did my reporting for the 3rd time using the online system. Highly recommend. Easy to use.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Another advantage - no worries about the weather. It's not always a nice sunny day when you have to go to immigration.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

well if you are in Bangkok and you decided to follow the advice of the CCSA and the announcements in the Government Gazette and missed a 90 day report when they were not required then you still need to do an in-person report at the temporary Immigration Division 1 office at MTT to get a stamp in your passport before you can get back to doing online/mail reports
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 pm you still need to do an in-person report
Where is that coming from? I haven't seen any reports saying that.

If it were me, I would try the online report anyway. It can't hurt to try. If they reject it, then I guess you would have to do the in-person report. But you know how Thailand is - they might approve it despite whatever conflicting information you have.