Pattaya Businesses non-Bar -How are they doing ?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Pattaya Businesses non-Bar -How are they doing ?

Post by Up2u »

I agree with your comments. I asked a Gafae regular last night at dinner (Yupins) and he believes there are enough retired expats like him to keep the business afloat until foreigners return. Tukcom itself is like a morgue with many shops on the higher floors not reopened (World Camera and Big Camera). The Pratumnak, Rompo, Jomtien and Thepprasit Night Markets are on life support until foreigners return. I personally know three vendors that have folded. A number of blue shirt masseurs are enjoying life in their home villages. The domestic markets that cater more towards Thais are doing much better (Rattanakorn (opposite Kaan), Wat Boon, Kao Talo, etc. Yes, Big C Extra, Foodland and Makro always seem busy. Some one was asking what businesses have not been impacted with no foreign tourists and a quick reply would be fishing, agriculture, automotive repair, and the foreign manufacturing plants (Nikon, Honda Toyota, Ford etc).
firecat69

Re: Pattaya Businesses non-Bar -How are they doing ?

Post by firecat69 »

Amazing 2 Members and Residents in a Row telling the Real Story of Pattaya Businesses Suffering!

Thanks!