Stranded in Thailand? Want to go to Frankfurt? Read this and book your ticket before it's too late

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Stranded in Thailand? Want to go to Frankfurt? Read this and book your ticket before it's too late

Post by Gaybutton »

Just a guess, but I think Thai Airways will be offering additional similar flights to more destinations where Thais are waiting to be repatriated. Of course at this point I have no idea where those destinations might be, but for those wishing to leave Thailand being able to go to the UK and/or Germany, this is good news. These flights may not be going to just where you want to go, but at least they'll get you out of Thailand and you can take it from there.

I don't think anyone needs me to advise booking your tickets now - before these flights fill up. And because of social distancing, there won't be as many seats available. So, if you need to leave Thailand, don't wait. Make your bookings before it is too late.

However, I also think farang wanting to go to Thailand, primarily for a holiday, will still have quite a long wait before that happens.

THAI offers special flights to Frankfurt

26 Jul 2020

Two special flights to Frankfurt next month are being offered by Thai Airways International (THAI), the airline's acting president said on Saturday.

Flight TG 922 is scheduled to depart Suvarnabhumi airport at 12.25pm on Aug 10 and 21 and will arrive in Frankfurt at 7pm local time.

Chansin Treenuchagron, acting president of the company, said the flights are aimed at Germans stranded in the kingdom due to Covid-19, but other nationalities travelling beyond Germany could also board the flights. Return flights will be booked for Thais coming home from Germany.

Safety measures will be implemented onboard among passengers, including physical distancing. Those who want to reserve seats on TG 922's return flights should contact the Thai embassy in Berlin for the details.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/19 ... -frankfurt

THAI plans two special flights to Frankfurt next month

Jul 26, 2020

Thai Airways will operate two special Bangkok-Frankfurt return flights in August to facilitate travel for passengers who wish to return to Germany and for those who want to come back to Thailand.

Chansin Treenuchagron, acting president of Thai Airways, said that the flights were aimed at German people who were stranded or anyone who would fly to Frankfurt before travelling to other cities.

TG922 will leave Bangkok for Frankfurt at 12.25am on August 10 and 21 and they will reach Germany at 7pm local time.

The flights will strictly follow preventive measures for Covid-19 and physical distancing will be applied in every process including cargo.

Thai people who are still stranded in Germany can also return by those flights by registering via the website of the Thai Embassy in Berlin.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391959

Daleinpattaya

Re: Stranded in Thailand? Want to go to Frankfurt? Read this and book your ticket before it's too late

Post by Daleinpattaya »

One article says ETD at 12.25 PM ... The other at 12.25 AM .... big difference!!!

Gaybutton

Re: Stranded in Thailand? Want to go to Frankfurt? Read this and book your ticket before it's too late

Post by Gaybutton »

Daleinpattaya wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:59 am
One article says ETD at 12.25 PM ... The other at 12.25 AM .... big difference!!!
If anyone books the flight, please let us know which it is.

bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

both articles say the arrival time in Frankfurt is 7:00 PM local time. Bangkok is 5 hours ahead of Frankfurt, the typical direct flight time to Frankfurt is about 11-12 hours so unless Thai is doing this in a hot air balloon or doing it via New Zealand I don't think they will be departing at 12:25 AM
I’m nervous now when people cough near me, I would be much more comfortable if they would far cough.

tree

Post by tree »

I am always confused with 12 am and 12 pm. Noon is 12 pm? Is that true for all english speaking countries?
If the arrival time is 7:00 pm in the evening, the plane must depart in BKK around noon.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

tree wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:34 am
Noon is 12 pm?
Yes