Bar observations

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Bars opening 1 July - my observations

Post by Trongpai »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:37 am Does anyone else have reports, whether Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, or anywhere in Thailand?
Bangkok Report: 3 July Friday night.
Silom soi 4
We went to dinner at G's on Silom 4. Excellent on top of a 20% discount. Full menu including 3 specials. At 7pm there were 6 customers.
Man Women restaurant closed
Taco Sunrise open, 4 customers at 7pm
Banana beer bar open, 2 hosts no customers
Banana go-go closed
Connections open, no customers at 7pm-8pm
Telephone open, around 10 customers 7pm-830, full bar and restaurant open
Balcony open, around 10 customers 7-830pm, full bar and restaurant open
Welcome open, no customers
Jupiter outside lounge open, no customers
Jupiter gogo, closed but I was told will open if some customers show up.

There was an inspection by 10 police, 5 military police, some ladies with clip boards and the press. They went in each establishment and measured the distance between tables and took a lot of photos, some group shots and some selfies.

Patpong 2
Moonlight closed
Lucky Boys closed
Fresh Boys closed
Dream Boys open but I did not see any customers go in between 830-10pm. I saw 5 boys on stage, with clear face masks, jeans
I was told that there was going to be a show at 10, closing at midnight. 200B for drinks/entry
Hotmale open. There were 7 customers at the balcony lounge and some hosts. 6 boys on stage, same dress as Dream Boys. I was told there would be a show at 10 and I did see 6 customers go in but passed on the show. 200B for drinks and 60-80B at the lounge. 300B off fee.
Screw Boys closed but ran into the manager and was told maybe open next weekend.

Drove by DJ station and noticed around 20 guys in line to get in.

Around 80% of the lady bars gogos and beer bars were closed along with all the Patpong market vendors so it had a deserted feel. Very few people walking around.
a447

Post by a447 »

Great work, Trongpai!
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Why are the military still involved or supervising the police. Thailand now has a democratically elected civilian government of the people by the people? How many people does it take to measure the distance between tables? 20-25 it seems. They only had one tape measure.

The table spacing at Balcony.

Dream Boys. Everyone in photo are staff.

Patpong 2 facing Suriwong at 10:30pm
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 am Why are the military still involved or supervising the police. Thailand now has a democratically elected civilian government of the people by the people? How many people does it take to measure the distance between tables? 20-25 it seems. They only had one tape measure.
Semi-democratic & I presume no-one is reigning in the military under the current structure ? Possibly one for a different thread, as it's much more interesting to read about bars.

There is clearly a lack of social distancing between the police and the military. For measuring, it would make more sense to have one person with a stick cut to 2m, or whatever it is the rules require.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:50 pm person with a stick cut to 2m
Maybe certain boys can provide that - always something to be said for natural resources . . .
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 am Why are the military still involved or supervising the police. Thailand now has a democratically elected civilian government of the people by the people?
Simple. The population has no respect for the police and treat them as a joke. Open to corruption as everyone knows.
BUT they are shit scared of the military and know there will be no corruption.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

gerefan wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:49 pm BUT they are shit scared of the military and know there will be no corruption.
they may be shit scared of them, but "no corruption"? - I suppose if you have no access to google, international media, or even the Bangkok Post and the Nation ...
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Last night Toy boys agogo was closed. Have they given up?

Cupidol still closed.

BoyzBoyzBoyz had signs that they've started shows again at 22:30. They also announced reduced drink price at 200 baht - that got to have hurt their ego! I could only see boys fully dressed, did not look at the show.

Dreamboyz have reduced drink price to 200 baht. No shows but they had 9 boys and 4 customers when I looked. Manly looking boys. Some really muscular. Boys shirtless in jeans.

X-boys have one show every night at 22:00. Drink price 280 baht. Boydrink 300 baht. The show was about 30 minutes. About 10-11 boys I think.

Winnerboys seems to have 5-7 boys every night. Cute boys in underwear. Drinks 99 baht. Boydrinks 145 baht.

Powerboys still closed.

Nice boys have the largest amount of boys every night from what I could see. About 15. Now back in underwear from have been in jeans the first days after reopening. Drinks 200 baht. Same price for boydrinks. Off fee 400 baht.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Again thank you very much SP55. Your reports are excellent and I know a great many people appreciate it.
aussie

Post by aussie »

SP55 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm Last night Toy boys agogo was closed. Have they given up?
I heard from a reliable source they had only a few customers so closed till July 15th. If business is poor after that they most probably will close the bar permanently.