Bar observations

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Bar observations

Post by Trongpai »

Actually that fat lady was singing at the Pride Bar and Restaurant tonight. She can hit the high notes.

One week after the blow out attendance on Bangkok's Silom soi 4 and Patpong 2 for Halloween weekend it's back to sparse and dark. There's no tourists to speak of and Thai and farang locals don't fill many seats. Pride and G's seem to be doing the best with groups of Thais.

The Banana Room Club was open and all lit up. I looked in 15min before the show was advertised to start and there were no customers, not one! It did not look inviting to go inside and seemed rather cramped, uncomfortable and dark. I was told it will be live music and dance. I passed for now.

That format has been tried several times before on soi 4 with no success. 'Roxy', 'For Fun' and '9 something'.

Complicating things further tonight was a protest movement (?) blocking Silom at Rama 4. They were still at it at 2330. South bound Silom open, northbound blocked but Patpong 1 was open for traffic to get around it.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Jun wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:38 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:51 pm judging from their Facebook page, I think it's a show bar.
Judging from their Facebook page, I know I really don't want to go there. I like some slim lads on a stage, not some fat pig female shape.

And I'll bet you're an oil painting!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Bangkokian wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:14 pm And I'll bet you're an oil painting!
No oil painting, but at least I'm at the right weight for my size, which puts me in about the 5th percentile.

If I go to a gay club, I want entertainment by people who are fit and with an unmistakably male shape.
People who go to girly clubs don't want to see a fat bloke singing on stage & in exactly the same way, I don't want to see a fat lady on the stage.
Also, if I go to watch a Premier League football game, I'd expect to see fit male athletes, not some 120kg elephant.

My interest in gay clubs tends to be over when the fat lady sings. Particularly if she does more than one act.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

https://www.facebook.com/11242643010053 ... 633245511/

Jun's views are likely reflective of most of us here but we are not the customer base now. This format and design are identical to many of the bars in the suburbs of Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand. Some are this size, others smaller and some huge and many are doing a thriving business with the local Thais. Some of the popular venues in Bangkok like Tawandang have huge capacity but require reservations weekends.
http://tawandang.com/
aussie

Post by aussie »

JoJo Bar just opened in Jomtien Complex across from Antz restaurant and Soda Massage. JoJo was or is a massage boy and many massage boys have a drink at his bar. Music is at an acceptable volume for chatting.

A Thai/Farang food restaurant is next door to JoJo bar and also next to Colors bar around the corner. This group of smaller outdoor bars is becoming a popular hangout for many farangs and local bar/massage workers and a pleasant option to the main Complex soi.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Went to Jo Jo bar last night and hooked up with a farang friend plus met with a number of the local lads.
For the first time, I drank a Blue Hawaii and it was good! But we had to ask to turn the music down as it drowned out the conversation. Another welcome addition to the Complex
aussie

Post by aussie »

Adonis bar has opened in Jomtien Complex. It is located across from the Doubleshot bar. Opening night on Friday was busy but it was very quiet tonight as there was a party @Home bar further along the same soi. I thought it was going to be a hamburger shack but they were setup as a bar last night and food was also available.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

They served free hamburgers and chips on opening night. They offered beef or pork hamburgers.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This is the first time I have ever seen Jomtien Complex referred to as "Super Town Jomtien Complex". For me, that's a new one.

Pattaya gay bars look for gold at end of 2020 rainbow

ByJetsada Homklin

November 27, 2020

Like the female counterparts, Pattaya’s male gay-bar workers count the days until tourists return to Pattaya.

“Chidchai,” who works in a bar in the Super Town Jomtien Complex area off Thappraya Road in Jomtien Beach, said the cluster of nightclubs, restaurants and hotels catering to Pattaya’s gay community used to be busy every night from 8 p.m. Now it’s deathly quiet.

While the city has a sizeable community of gay expats, they’ve not come out enough to support the entertainment zones like Super Town Jomtien Complex and Boyz Town, he said.

When times were good, Chidchai said he made enough money to buy a 250,000-baht gold necklace. He has had to sell it now to survive. He still had gold around his neck Nov. 24, but said he might have to sell that, too.

Gay-bar workers aren’t the only ones struggling. Yupin Marsh, owner of the well-known Yupins Restaurant in Super Town Jomtien Complex, said 90 percent of the customers were foreigners and the restaurant was so popular that reservations were mandatory. Now Yupin gets only a couple of bookings a day.

Yupin said the restaurant cannot carry on without foreign tourists and hopes that the government will loosen entry restrictions. She also hopes that a coronavirus vaccine will be approved and widely deployed soon.

Story and photos: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... bow-335254
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Pattaya Mail wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:05 am While the city has a sizeable community of gay expats, they’ve not come out enough to support the entertainment zones like Super Town Jomtien Complex and Boyz Town, he said.
That’s a shame....