Bar observations

Anything and everything about Thailand
catawampuscat

Re: Bar observations

Post by catawampuscat »

Thanks aussie. I’ll have to check out Colours bar soon.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Cupidol reduced to open 3 days a week, Fridays to Sundays. But the bar is once again a gogo bar with shirtless boys in jeans and shoes. Drink price 200 baht.

That means Monday to Thursdays Panorama is the only bar open inside Boyztown, surrounded by darkness.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:28 am Monday to Thursdays Panorama is the only bar open inside Boyztown, surrounded by darkness.
I hope the bars can survive by doing that. It still appears that it will be quite some time before gay farang come in droves again to Thailand. My guess is many of the bar boys are probably freelancers who already hold other jobs and hoping for a little extra money on the days the bars are open. I can't imagine 3 days a week could possibly be enough for the boys to survive on if the bars are their only source of income.
Jun

Post by Jun »

My guess, is that freelancing and having another job is more common amongst the lads offering themselves on phone apps.

I've encountered quite a few with other jobs on the phone apps, but cannot remember the last time I had a bar boy who admitted to another job. The flexibility of using a phone app is more suited to people with a job.
Then when I have found lads with other jobs, they tend to be something like laundry, working in a 7-11, a restaurant or on hotel reception. Many of these businesses will also have suffered a significant downturn as a result of the covid travel ban.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:07 pm when I have found lads with other jobs, they tend to be something like laundry, working in a 7-11, a restaurant or on hotel reception.
I'm waiting for a delivery boy to show up at my place, explain to me what his other job is - and offer a personal demonstration . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:26 pm I'm waiting for a delivery boy to show up at my place, explain to me what his other job is - and offer a personal demonstration . . .
Reminds me of a certain video

catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Dream Boys on Pattayaland soi 1 has been closed the last couple of nights. Odd as it was on a weekend.
Diamond Bar Beer in Sunee Plaza also closed last couple of nights. Expectations are that it will reopen shortly.
ChrisUK

Post by ChrisUK »

A friend who works on stage in Dreamboys contacted me before the weekend to say he hadn't eaten as his bar was closed because of the rain. Presumably the rain is persistent now and keeping customers away. Pity I can't be there for some time yet to support him and others. Hopefully the bar will reopen soon and he can start work to feed himself again. Desperate times and reliant solely on expats living in Pattaya.
Sanook; just want to have fun in the sun
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I heard that Dreamboys had reopened.
pong

Post by pong »

For information: many bars, most in fact I think, and also ditto for the massageshops provide free dinners for their staff-at a time they can be certain they will turn up in time. THats thus at least 1 way to keep fed for the guys.
From my own latest experience in BKK: have not really been to bars there since many a year. Most of the guys that offer their service in the massageshops with ´more´ do it as a side job-some only weekends, some only when money is tight (+i.e. end of the month, when money is also tight for Thai customers.......), and once I had a Pro Thai footballer who stated he played like 1st division in the local competition-only getting money for it when they won. Nice guy, well built, really knew where to find all the G-spots.