Bar observations

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar observations

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:09 pm I go to gogobars and pay gogobar drinkprices to watch boys in underwear or at least shirtless.
Thank you again SP55. It doesn't make much sense to me to open, or reopen, a go-go bar without go-go boys. What are they expecting people to do?

While we all would like the go-go bars to open, in my opinion it would make much better sense to open when there are at least a few go-go boys - actually on the stage - and then see how it goes. If they start doing well, start hiring more go-go boys and freelancers. But why open a go-go bar if you can't provide at least some of what people expect when going to a go-go bar. Who is going to pay to drink in an empty bar? Definitely not me.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

A little bit more info:

Last night BoyzBoyzBoyz was closed. From what I understand the bar will from now on only be open on Fridays and Saturdays. Unsure about Sundays. The BBB disco was closed. I guess they follow the same opening schedule.

Toyboys was closed again yesterday when I had a look about 9 pm. They seem to have irregular openings.

Castro was also closed. Don't know why.

Cupidol open but not as a gogobar. A handful of dressed boys sat outside on the patio.

Niceboys had 12 boys in underwear on stage yesterday. They seem to be the gogobar with the highest number of boys every evening.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:51 pm A little bit more info
The go-go bar situation does not seem very promising. My guess is there simply are not enough customers for the bars to be profitable. Based on the posts I'm reading, there are only two go-go bars in Pattaya that seem to currently be succeeding - Niceboys and Winner. I can only hope the go-go bar scene will improve once tourism is open to farang once again - whenever that might be.

Oh well, at least there are still a couple go-go bars in operation, so all is not lost.

What are the customer numbers like when you go to these bars?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm The go-go bar situation does not seem very promising. My guess is there simply are not enough customers for the bars to be profitable. Based on the posts I'm reading, there are only two go-go bars in Pattaya that seem to currently be succeeding - Niceboys and Winner. I can only hope the go-go bar scene will improve once tourism is open to farang once again - whenever that might be.
The latter point is probably key.
A fairly commonly expressed view is that expats are more likely to go to Sunee and Jomtien, whilst Boystown, which relies more on tourists. From what I have seen over the years, that's probably true.

I hope things pick up in time to save more of the gogo bars.
Nice Boys really isn't my cup of tea, as scruffy out of shape lads covered in tattoos really don't float my boat.
Winner Boys has had the best selection of Sunee gogo boys for a few years, but management seems to be letting it slip, leaving the stage empty & so on.
So I'd like to see plenty of competition.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the last update on this topic about the bar scene anywhere in Thailand. If anyone has any new information for us, please post.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Le Stud nightclub opens tonight August 20 in Walking Street Pattaya near Soi 16. The club will be a similar setup to the Dragon club and the now closed NAB.

Jomtien Complex bars have been very quiet the last two nights. Other nights it can be very busy depending on how many expats or those on visa amnesty decide to venture out. One bar owner told me 50% of his regular customers are on visa amnesty so he is worried about the further loss of customers in the coming months.

The new Doubleshot bar has opened in the Complex with 10 very handsome and friendly hosts. I visited for the first time last night and many customers seem to like sitting at the narrow bar where they can sit or stand on each side of the bar and chat. Nice decor and a very good addition to the Jomtien Complex.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I plan on attending either Fri or Sat and can report after. Hotmale has been attracting the most customers out of the three open gay bars on PP2.

Switching to Pattaya where I just spent a week: Boyztown very quiet until weekends and then not very busy, but not dead. Went to the show at X-Boys and it was pretty much the same as before Covid19. About 8-9 customers. The stage is behind a clear plastic barrier with plastic dividers between seats. Boys in underwear.

Passed through and visited Jomtien Complex each night and it was all open (bars and restaurants) but not a lot of customers. Good amount of hosts. Low prices.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Continuing with by Bangkok bar observations as promised. Hotmale was just about filled to capacity for the 10:30 show Saturday night. The customer base is Thai guys and couples. There was only me and one other farang I did not know. Rather then give a blow-by-blow on the show just let me say it's a very Thai style format with ear splitting music. It would not appeal to most farangs unless you're into the expensive Moonlight type model boys. Very few of the original Hotmale boys remained. I would have left in the middle of the show if I could have found a waiter for my check-bin. As I said, it was very busy. Lots of open bottles and parties.

Fresh Boys is more my style and they had a good line up up of 20-25 boys. I was told almost all Thai customers with a few expats. Very quiet weekdays and it gets better for the weekend. The manager knew of the Pattaya Boys Boys opening only on weekends and they are all considering the same.

Screw Boys was open and I looked in at around 11 and there were only 5 boys in house and nothing special in my book. No customers.

Dream Boys continues to be open with one or two customers for the whole weekend. You have to wonder why they bother.

Bars close at midnight but the outdoor lounge area remains open and Hotmale was very active until late.

I did not wander over by soi 6 so I don't know what's going on there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:33 am Continuing with by Bangkok bar observations as promised.
Thank you very much Trongpai. I hope the bar scene can survive until tourism opens up and enough gay farang return to Thailand.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

in Silom Soi 4 on Wednesday the Banana venues, upstairs and down, had been completely gutted - if this is a renovation it is a thorough one!

in Patpong Soi 2 yesterday Bangkok Massage finally had masseurs seated outside improving the view in the soi
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!