Winner Bar open. REDUCED prices

Anything and everything about Thailand
Pattayamale

Winner Bar open. REDUCED prices

Post by Pattayamale »

Winner Bar is open with outdoor seating 5 to 7pm..inside opens 7pm until midnight
Pattayamale
Living happily
Jun

Re: Winner Bar open. REDUCED prices

Post by Jun »

Pattayamale wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:41 pm inside opens 7pm until midnight
How much of that time they actually have the staff on the stage for will be another question.
Most of my last visit was spent staring at an empty stage, with the number of boys present in double figures and them generally dodging the stage, with no one managing proceedings. During this time, there were about 3 customers & some more potential punters looked inside, but decided not to stay, for obvious reasons.

I've long thought bars would be better off without mamasans, however this suggests they actually need someone to crack the whip.
I hope they get their act together, as if they solved that little problem, this would have been comfortably the best gogo bar in Sunee.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:04 pm Most of my last visit was spent staring at an empty stage, with the number of boys present in double figures and them generally dodging the stage, with no one managing proceedings.
I hate to be negative on the first night, but things like that should never be permitted. If the owner or manager tolerates things like that, that is not my idea of good way to run a bar. I hope it is nothing similar now.

The go-go boys are supposed to be on stage doing just that - being go-go boys, whether there are loads of customers or not. If they're not doing their job while customers are there, even if it's only a very few customers - even if only one customer, it doesn't take much to guess how they're likely to be if somebody takes them off. For some strange reason, the word "dud" springs to mind.

Some of you may have been around Pattaya long enough to remember the Star Boys bar. I remember more than once I walked in right at opening time and I was the only customer there. No boys were on the stage. They were just sitting around the perimeter of the stage. As soon as I walked in, they all quickly went on the stage and started their go-go dancing. And they really were go-go dancing. None of them were just standing there or doing the "one-knee shuffle", or staring at themselves in the mirror. None were playing with phones either.

That is the way it should be. If the bars want to do any profitable business, especially considering the lack of farang tourists and all the current restrictions, that's the way it better be.

Ok, we're all waiting for reports from those of you who did venture out to the bars. I hope to see reports from all the major gay bar cities in Thailand.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I heard that the bar owner leaves around 21:00, so there is no one to keep order after that, or so it seemed when I was there a few months back.

As for staff motivation, well if there are a group of boys on the stage and one or two of them are sulking and don't what to be there, then I think the odds of the sulkers being duds is higher.
If there's an entire bar where the lads prefer to stand outside smoking and chatting & no one is managing the business, this becomes the norm. It doesn't mean they are all going to be duds.
However, there's very little chance of me finding out, as if I can't select them off the stage, the gogo bar has lost all advantages it should have and I might as well use Grinder instead.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:47 pm I heard that the bar owner leaves around 21:00, so there is no one to keep order after that, or so it seemed when I was there a few months back.
I don't know where you heard that, but I know that is not true at all. I've been to Winner several times, much later than 21:00, and the owner was always there. I've spoken to him myself.

Instead of worrying about the way things were months ago, I think we need to concentrate on the way things are now.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, I hope Winner bar gets it's act together now.

I'm amongst the many foreigners not allowed into Thailand at present, so have no way of checking myself. If any of the board members in Pattaya have visited in the last couple of days, I would like to know how the bar was.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

How much is the reduced drink price?

However a the moment it's not the drink price that decides which bar I go to (those with lover prices more frequently, the most expensive not at all), at the moment the problem is that I can't enter Thailand. I would visit all gogo bars (except those on my blacklist) regardless of drink price to show my support.

What I want to say is that there is no point in reducing drink prices to entice customers, the problem lies elsewhere, and neither the bar nor the customer has any influence.
Jun

Post by Jun »

christianpfc wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:37 am What I want to say is that there is no point in reducing drink prices to entice customers, the problem lies elsewhere, and neither the bar nor the customer has any influence.
I presume opening the bars is an exercise in trying to attract expat customers. Now's the time for those who can to support the bars that are worthy of it.