Another Year - Retirement Extension Approved

Anything and everything about Thailand
bkkguy

Re: Another Year - Retirement Extension Approved

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:51 amI said extend the visa, not renew it. That way bkkguy won't get upset.
given the Immigration Police's inconsistent use of visa he has given up trying to point out to people that one extends a permission to stay not a visa, he has even given up suggesting people read the title of the form they fill out to do the said extension, but being a pedantic bastard he does prefer to try to use correct terminology himself
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
2lz2p

Re: Another Year - Retirement Extension Approved

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:51 am
2lz2p wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:24 am Here is a copy of the one I rec'd for this year's renewal
Thank you very much. It looks simple enough. Apparently as long as you keep your passbook updated, getting the letter is not difficult. I've already done my extension this year, so I'm stuck with the 800,000 baht until next year, but when I next go in to extend the visa (I said extend the visa, not renew it. That way bkkguy won't get upset.) I'll try to get approved using the 65,000 baht method and hopefully be able to free up that 800,000 baht just sitting there in a Thai bank account.
At my request, GB deleted the post he references. Here is a revised example of the Bangkok Bank letter listing International deposits which are coded "FTT" in the passbook.