3. login to the forum

It should work.
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/

Gaybutton

Re: IMPORTANT! Please read in case you can't login to the forum

Post by Gaybutton »

It happened to me. This morning I too found myself logged off the board and even I couldn't get back in. It's definitely not a good feeling when you realize you can't even log on to your own board.

I followed the steps outlined by Moses and as you can see, I'm in.

Thank you very much Moses.

I use the Firefox browser. To clean out the cookies and cache from everything, which I did:

1. At the top of your browser screen, click on Tools
2. Click on Options
3. On the left side of the screen, click on Privacy & Security
4. Scroll down to Cookies and Site Data
5. Click on Clear Data - BUT before you do, make sure you know all your passwords. On many web sites requiring a password, including this one, those passwords will have to be reentered.

Once you've done that, close and then restart your browser. Now you should be able to log in again.

bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

if the problem is just with gaybuttonthai.com then the better option would be to clear cookies and cache just for this site, this will avoid unwanted effects on other sites you visit

so in step 5 above instead of Clear Data click on Manage Data, search for gaybuttonthai.com and remove
I’m nervous now when people cough near me, I would be much more comfortable if they would far cough.

Jun

Post by Jun »

bkkguy wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:14 pm
if the problem is just with gaybuttonthai.com then the better option would be to clear cookies and cache just for this site, this will avoid unwanted effects on other sites you visit

so in step 5 above instead of Clear Data click on Manage Data, search for gaybuttonthai.com and remove
Agreed -just delete the data for this site. That can be done in the way that you suggest, or with an Add On, such as Cookie Quick Manager.

I'd tried the site on Chrome as well & had the same problem. Chrome also has an option to clear the cookies for just this site.

Finally, my bookmark link is set to take me to "New Topics". With the error, I couldn't get past the login screen and see this advice. Until eventually I decided to try and access the board index instead.

The error does not seem to occur on my phone.

Moses

Post by Moses »

We also have button "Delete cookies" at the bottom of forum - at right.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:14 pm
Unfortunately that did not work for me. This morning I found myself logged off yet again. I tried doing it your way, but I still couldn't get in. I had to clear all cookies and the entire cache. Then I was able to get back in.

Jun

Post by Jun »

My log in worked as normal today.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning I had no log in problem at all. I think Moses has found and fixed the problem.

I will leave this topic in place on "Announcements" for a couple more days, then change it to a standard topic.

If anyone is still having any log in difficulty, please let us know.

Jun

Post by Jun »

After clearing the cookies, the login is working fine.

I currently don't see any "like" button and I think there used to be a very useful "New Topics" button at the top.
Neither are exactly essential.
My bookmark is set to take me to New Topics anyway, but after posting something, it was always useful to have a means to return directly to the remaining new topics.

Moses

Post by Moses »

Jun wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:08 pm
After clearing the cookies, the login is working fine.

I currently don't see any "like" button and I think there used to be a very useful "New Topics" button at the top.
Neither are exactly essential.
My bookmark is set to take me to New Topics anyway, but after posting something, it was always useful to have a means to return directly to the remaining new topics.
Correct, these functions were added to forum by external add-ons, and these add-ons aren't compatible with new version of the forum. I moved forum to v.3.3 because there was a hole in security at prev. version. Also I was waiting for 6 months after announce of the new version - gave time to developers to fix new bugs of new version.

So we haven't likes anymore, buttons on the top for new messages, also user's "card" is on right side of each post instead to be on the left side. Maybe authors will fix their add-ons for compatibility. Or maybe I will find time and fix them by myself. Will see.