Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Anything and everything about Thailand
Post Reply
User avatar
Gaybutton
Posts: 17772
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 918 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 am
I am hundred percent sure that I am correct.
Well good for you. Obviously you are correct because you beat me. I am only 93.286 percent sure that you are wrong . . .

User avatar
Jun
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Has thanked: 399 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by Jun »

gera wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 am
I am hundred percent sure that I am correct.
As you always are.

gera wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 am
I will return to this topic later when my predictions materialize.
Do you do that just for the rare occasion when predictions do materialize ? Or, if you're going to return to all your previous analysis, would you care to return to the 737 max topic ? 12 Months ago you firmly told us the 737 max crises is OVER. I guess you were 100% sure.

User avatar
2lz2p
Posts: 752
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Pattaya, Thailand (Jomtien)
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:16 am
gerefan wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 am
I have used the exact wording from the blue coloured diagram attached to the article and it says .....
It also says "expected to be allowed to enter". Nothing has been decided yet. We'll know soon enough.
This article may shed some light on why Elite card holders are being considered - https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/117385 ... kong-surge

User avatar
Jun
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Has thanked: 399 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by Jun »

Obviously there's the Elite card fee and presumably anyone who is prepared to pay that might just spend more than average when they are in Thailand. So if you want to encourage more lucrative visitors, that's a good place to start.

However, I imagine it's too small to make much impact.

Have also read about protests in Bangkok. This is inevitable, if 20% of the economy has been shut down and the people employed in that sector are suffering. Expect the pressure to build.

gera
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 pm
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by gera »

My understanding is that ALL elite card holders will be allowed.
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... l_referral

gera
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 pm
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by gera »

Jun wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 pm
gera wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 am
I am hundred percent sure that I am correct.
As you always are.

gera wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 am
I will return to this topic later when my predictions materialize.
Do you do that just for the rare occasion when predictions do materialize ? Or, if you're going to return to all your previous analysis, would you care to return to the 737 max topic ? 12 Months ago you firmly told us the 737 max crises is OVER. I guess you were 100% sure.
If you wish. The certification process for Boeing Max 737 is under way. No hardware changes were made. Software changes were minimal just to please a jerk who was appointed by Trump to be FAA administrator. It was totally artificial crisis. Let me repeat once again: 737 max was and is the safest plane ever built and I was 100 percent correct as I am in case of elite card holders, vaccine and many other cases. Unfortunately, for many people it takes long time to realize obvious.

User avatar
Gaybutton
Posts: 17772
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 918 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by Gaybutton »

This topic is about the poll indicating Thais do not want foreign tourists. Let's stick to that. However, debating about the elite card is ok and appropriate for this topic, so please feel free to debate about it if you wish.

There is already a topic about the 737 Max. See: https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9591

Any further posts about the 737 Max belong on that topic, not this one - and that includes any responses to the previous posts on this topic about the 737 Max.

gera
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 pm
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by gera »

The admission of elite card members has been approved. Incidentally it mentions 7500 elite card members and this number will continue to grow fast due to the fact that they will be granted admission. Please, note that the number 200 mentioned in the article matches exactly the number of elite card members who expressed their desire to visit Thailand as was reported earlier. The general principle for the admission seems to be the requirement of quarantine. If there are government organizations or private enterprises who are willing to organize and pay for it , the request for admission may be considered. That is by the way, excludes mass tourism because first of all it is impossible to organize quarantine for millions of people and secondly tourists usually arrive for a short period of time (e.g. , average length of stay of Chinese tourists was 10 days). Though for those who would like to stay a prolonged period of time there may be an opening in the future.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/19 ... owed-entry

gera
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 pm
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by gera »

GB, you are absolutely correct about 737 max in this thread. One particular poster keeps bringing this issue with obvious goal to discredit everything I am posting on this message board. As the owner of this message board you are the only one to decide whether such behavior is appropriate or not and I am not trying to interfere with your decisions. However, when you edited my post on this issue in this thread you (I presume inadvertently) deleted the link to the article I posted. I post the link again with emphasis on absurd nonsensical requirements imposed by FAA on Boeing. The certification flights are completed and 737 max will be approved for flying till the end of the year no matter what this jerk (Administrator of FAA )is doing. Please, feel free to move this post to 737 thread.

https://simpleflying.com/remaining-steps-737-max/

User avatar
Jun
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Has thanked: 399 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Thais don't want foreign tourists yet - poll says

Post by Jun »

gera wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:48 am
I am hundred percent sure that I am correct.

Post Reply