Speculate Here

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Speculate Here

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:15 pm How would they maintain social distancing in a place such as Babylon in Bangkok or Sansuk in Pattaya - if they will reopen.
The same applies to massage places. Thailand has always said that these places will be the last to reopen and, as you say, anti-social distancing is incomparable with saunas.

Babylon. There was talk here in March about the possibility of Babylon being sold. With it being closed for months one end, I fear that owner may be thinking very hard about it now. There are other saunas in Bangkok to take up the slack, but it would be a very sad loss indeed. Previous discussion here ...

https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?t=10242

Sansuk. Seemed to lose its way some time ago. Used to have groups of younger Thai guys in there, but not any more. Again will be have been closed for months on end.

It has frequently occurred to me that it would make an ideal straight holiday resort. There is already the hotel accommodation, and the sauna part wouldn’t take much converting into a great leisure area. It already has most of the facilities.

Unfortunately, unlike Bangkok, there are no alternatives in Pattaya. So it too would be a great loss if Punya decided not to reopen.

As with bars and Gogo’s the future is very uncertain.
pong

Post by pong »

Re sauna pricing in Thailand: its commonly known that f.e. Babylon in BKK admits ASEAN youngsters for free or reduced entry and often give Thai a free pass for ´next time´. Have not been to Pattaya since many yrs so don't know about Sansuk.
The general downward trend in about any type of gay places seems to be worldwide and TH is in fact lagging behind, as it does in many other things of life too. So its most likely with a certain delay to follow this trend.
The card at the start says: suk sanuk, Christmas (in Thai obviously and not Christmas).
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Speculation: The thai government will keep only care about its lovely chinese "quality tourists". The anti-farang hostility will increase and visa and insurance hassle will become worse and worse. The tourism of Thailand will become an almost exclusively chinese and asian affair, with few europeans and americans wanting to come here. The bar scene will become more adapted to rip off chinese tourists in the way soi Twilight in Bangkok became and BoyzBoyzBoyz in Pattaya. Drinks at 500+ each.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

gerefan wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:17 am
Sansuk. Seemed to lose its way some time ago. Used to have groups of younger Thai guys in there, but not any more. Again will be have been closed for months on end.

Unfortunately, unlike Bangkok, there are no alternatives in Pattaya. So it too would be a great loss if Punya decided not to reopen.
I used to live within walking distance of Sansuk. I visited once, probably about 3 years ago, and that was enough for me. Not a slim handsome thaiboy in sight, just fat farangs like myself. Entrance was about 240 baht I believe. Only one small sauna in function - according to their website they would have several including steamroom but none of that when I was there. Their policy of same entrance fee for young Thais as for everyone else and their policy of no MBs might be one explanation to lack of thaiboys.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:23 pm I used to live within walking distance of Sansuk. I visited once, probably about 3 years ago, and that was enough for me. Not a slim handsome thaiboy in sight, just fat farangs like myself. Entrance was about 240 baht I believe. Only one small sauna in function - according to their website they would have several including steamroom but none of that when I was there. Their policy of same entrance fee for young Thais as for everyone else and their policy of no MBs might be one explanation to lack of thaiboys.
I have similar thoughts.
Additionally, they've stopped heating the Jacuzzi & last time I set foot in it was on one of those breezy cool December days, so I had to retreat to the hot sauna to warm up.
No reason to visit and declining maintenance.

What I don't know about is the accommodation. If people find that acceptable, then with the free sauna entry, perhaps it's a convenient place for a coffee and to read the newspaper.
I've never seriously considered staying there, as I prefer to be either close to the action in Boyztown/Sunee or Jomtien and not half way between.

Saunas have structural advantages due to competition from phones, covid makes that even worse until a vaccine is found and Sansuk appears to be making a few management errors on top of all this.

On the subject of vaccines, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 is showing promise in Macaques:
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... -pneumonia

Success with something like that would be a nice way to end the Covid problem.
I live about 10 miles outside one of the test areas, so could not apply to participate in the first phase.
DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

GB’s favorite journalist posted a couple of interesting blog articles. These are his opinions of course, but his observations have merit. Enjoy!

https://pattayaunplugged.com/ten-reason ... reans-etc/

https://pattayaunplugged.com/thais-dont-hate-farangs/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

You may remember that Thailand postponed the Songkran water splashing holiday until July. Now we're close to July and there has not yet been another word about it.

Meanwhile, they are extending the emergency decree, continuing social distancing requirements, continuing face mask requirements, and in Pattaya despite that we are now officially in rainy season, but so far not a drop - and we're in the middle of a serious drought - my speculation is if there is going to be any Songkran water splashing, it's not going to be in July.