Here's what will reopen in Bangkok

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Here's what will reopen in Bangkok

Post by Gaybutton »

I have not yet seen anything specific about reopenings in Pattaya or anywhere else other than Bangkok. If you have, please post.

City Hall lists places for reopening

28 Apr 2020

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration plans to reopen restaurants, markets, exercise venues, parks, hairdressers, clinics, animal hospitals and grooming parlours, golf courses and driving ranges.

Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Tuesday the city's current lockdown to curb the spread of Covid-19 was set to expire at midnight on Thursday.

The BMA had informed the government of its plan to reopen venues in eight categories, with strict conditions to ensure disease control. The communicable disease committee would make a decision on Wednesday.

He said restaurants would have to seat customers 1.5 metres apart, comply with opening hours as restricted by the emergency decree, and not sell alcoholic beverages.

Markets and flea markets would be allowed to sell their usual goods.

Sports and exercise facilities would be opened for activities that do not require people to gather closely - such as walking, running, badminton, tennis and table tennis. Sports that require teams, or players in close contact, would continue to be suspended. They included football, softball, volleyball and basketball, and also fitness classes.

Parks would reopen, but visitors would be prohibited from forming groups.

Barbers and hairdressers could provide only hair washing, cutting and drying, and must stop for cleaning every two hours. Customers would not be allowed to wait at the shops, and would have to make appointments. Staff would be required to wear face masks and face shields.

Pet grooming shops and pet hospitals would reopen, but a customer could bring only one pet at a time. The premises would have to close for cleaning every two hours.

Health clinics would reopen, but beauty clinics would remain closed. Golf courses and driving ranges would reopen.

Before entering such places, customers must have their body temperature checked, wear a face mask, clean their hands with soap or alcohol, and stay 1.5-2 metres apart from each other, the Bangkok governor said.

He did not specify a reopening date, but officials expected it would be Friday.

Mr Aswin said he would wait for the government's decision on whether to lift the ban on sales of alcoholic beverages.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -reopening
Dodger

Re: Here's what will reopen in Bangkok

Post by Dodger »

Buriram Province is reopening venues in the same 8 categories as Bangkok on Friday (May 1st).

Many have jumped the gun and started reopening already.

Reopening Bangkok, which has the highest number of reported C-19 cases by far, leaves one to question why they're not reopening all of the provinces. As Gera correctly pointed out in another post, this is overkill. Social distancing, the use of face masks, and not allowing venues to open which draw large crowds of course makes sense to continue, but the numbers in Thailand are just too low right now to justify not removing the heavy restrictions...IMO. It gets to a point where the damage caused to the economy and peoples livelihoods can be more deadly than the virus.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 am Reopening Bangkok, which has the highest number of reported C-19 cases by far, leaves one to question why they're not reopening all of the provinces.
Maybe since Bangkok has many cases, other provinces are not opening because they don't want people coming in from Bangkok.

Regarding overkill, maybe so, but I'd rather have overkill than "underkill" . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:28 am Maybe since Bangkok has many cases, other provinces are not opening because they don't want people coming in from Bangkok.
From what I understand , that's why Buriram starting issuing those "Healthy Stickers" right before they reopened. Anyone trying to enter Buriram from Bangkok, or anywhere else, without the sticker will be tossed into a 14 day controlled quarantine. The same as Trump's Wall, only a lot cheaper.

Jai's relatives who work in Bangkok can't even return to their homes here in Buriram for holidays or even a short visit. Everyone I've talked to up here (Thai and farang) are in agreement with this control.

I won't be surprised if other provinces follow a similar plan. I won't be surprised if they don't either. I stopped being surprised over here a long time ago.