Covid 19 Pattaya Update

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Covid 19 Pattaya Update

Post by Up2u » Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 am

I am at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya almost daily. They will be implementing drive-through covid-19 testing in the back near the 7-11 as explained by staff (there already is signage) The nurse told me the cost would be 6500 THB with a 24 hour turn around time, doctor's consultation and medical certification included. If this covid-19 crisis is prolonged I can envision a requirement before boarding international flights to and from the USA. A friend tells me ANA currently requires a health certificate but other airlines don't (EVA for example). Perhaps, getting a health certificate before flying will be a requirement so people can avoid the 14 day quarantine being imposed by many countries.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Tue May 12, 2020 9:25 am

Up2u wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 am
Perhaps, getting a health certificate before flying will be a requirement so people can avoid the 14 day quarantine being imposed by many countries.
The problem with that might be whether the destination will accept a health certificate that comes from another country, especially if it's a country they don't trust. These days, before I would board an international flight, I would want to make very certain of what to expect when I reach my destination. The last thing I would want to do is spend my money for a holiday only to find myself quarantined for 14 days, and in who knows what kind of facility. I think I'll pass on that.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Tue May 12, 2020 11:16 am

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Wed May 13, 2020 11:22 am

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Wed May 13, 2020 2:38 pm

Thailand announces zero new confirmed cases of Covid-19, 46 more people released from hospitals and recovered

By Adam Judd

Wednesday, 13 May 2020

The Center for Covid19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, stated this morning that Thailand has a total of zero new confirmed cases of the Covid19 Coronavirus for the first time since the infection truly started spreading in the country.

Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesman of the CCSA, confirmed the results at a daily press conference.

This is not the first time Thailand has actually recorded zero local widespread cases, The Pattaya News notes, but the first time with no imported or local cases since the outbreak began months ago.

In addition 46 more people were marked as fully released and recovered from the virus, leaving only 117 people nationwide still in treatment for the disease.

Out of 77 provinces in Thailand, nine provinces have never had any reported Coronavirus cases and fiftt provinces haven’t had any cases in the last 28 days.

Chonburi reached 19 days in a row today with no new cases. Pattaya City has had no cases in 29 days.

This comes as some slightly less restrictions are expected Sunday and reopening of some closed businesses, although many sectors remain closed including the entertainment industry which is the main earner in the Pattaya area.

Dr. Taweesin also addressed those who claim Thailand is not testing enough people and stated this is simply not true and they are vigorously testing high risk groups across the country and in areas considered hot zones. The countries borders and international air traffic remain firmly closed, a significant factor in limiting new cases, he added.

Although Dr. Taweesin was excited for the result he also warned people to still practice proper hygiene and social distancing behaviors and urged them not to relax their guard.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/13/t ... recovered/

No new Covid-cases for the first time

13 May 2020

There were no new infections of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) reported in Thailand on Wednesday, for the first time since the pandemic began to spread here, and no new deaths.

Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Wednesday morning that the total number of cases remained at 3,017 and the death toll at 56.

"I am happy, along with everyone who has contributed to disease control... We have been doing better since the reopening of business started on May 3," he said.

Since May 3, the number of new Covid-19 cases reported daily had been in single figures, except for 18 found among quarantined migrants in Songkhla province on May 4, he said, and quickly explained the discrepancy.

"Actually May 4 was the first day when Thailand did not have a new case of local infection because the 18 cases found on that day came from quarantine facilities. The no-case announcement today makes the zero-case status official," Dr Taweesilp said.

He encouraged people to keep taking disease control precautions, mainly through hand washing, using face masks, social distancing and cleaning, to maintain the zero-case situation.

"We can relax, but cannot be reckless... Please keep to the new-normal practices. Finally, we may be among the first countries able to end the hardship brought by this disease," he said.

Dr Taweesilp said that zero new cases did not come from any leniency in attempts to find infected people. He said that from May 1 health officials had expanded criteria for Covid-19 tests on people, to cover those with mild symptoms.

This month 34,444 people had been tested and only 0.18% of them were positive for Covid-19, he said.

Over the previous 24 hours, 46 more patients had been deemed recovered and discharged, raising the total recovery cases to 2,844, while 117 patients remained at hospitals.

Dr Taweesilp said global Covid-19 cases stood at 4.34 million with 292,893 deaths. The United States had the most cases at 1.41 million and the most deaths at 83,425.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... first-time

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Thu May 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Wed May 20, 2020 1:36 pm

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 am

Thai prototype vaccine to be tested on monkeys next week

May 20, 2020

Suvit Maesincee, Minister of Higher Education Science Research and Innovation, revealed progress in the development of a vaccine against Covid-19 yesterday (May 19). Mice injected with a prototype mRNA vaccine at the Chulalongkorn University Vaccine Centre had produced antibody levels as high as 1:3,000, according to preliminary screening results from the University of Pennsylvania.

The prototype vaccine would be tested on monkeys next week, said Suvit.

Preparations are now underway for manufacture of the vaccine at production facilities in the US and Canada, ahead of human trials.

Meanwhile, the research team has joined hands with Thai firm Bionet Asia, which will help manufacture the vaccine after transfer of production technology from the overseas facilities.

At this stage, Thailand would be able to produce a Covid-19 vaccine with the newest mRNA technology to help citizens fight the outbreak.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered an urgent acceleration of work on the vaccine, which is being developed by the Chula centre in collaboration with the National Institute of Vaccines and the Department of Medical Sciences. If the research is successful, Thailand will be one of the first countries to have enough vaccines for its citizens.

Countries around the world are currently testing Covid-19 prototype vaccines on more than 150 species of animals. Ten vaccine prototypes are already being tested on human volunteers in at least five countries – China, the United States, Britain, Germany and Canada.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388187

Plasma treatment cures seriously ill Covid-19 patient

May 20, 2020

A seriously ill Covid-19 patient in Hat Yai district of Songkhla province is now ready to go home after full recovery thanks to plasma treatment at Songklanagarind Hospital.

The hospital said that this was the first case in the southern region where plasma donation by a cured patient had worked in treating Covid-19.

The patient was admitted to a local hospital after his respiratory system failed and doctors had to put the patient on a ventilator.

At first, they tried regular treatment but the patient’s condition did not improve, sources said.

The patient then was sent to Songklanagarind Hospital where the patient received plasma treatment twice for two days.

On day four, the respiratory system recovered. The level of infection in the blood system was lower and the patient was able to walk again.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388177

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Up2u

Post by Up2u » Sat May 23, 2020 8:03 am

Hmmm.... I don't like this, jack up the price and then sell. Wonder what they know that hasn't been made public yet.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/investin ... index.html