Latest Pattaya Immigration News

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Latest Pattaya Immigration News

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am from reports I read at the time, if your last entry into Thailand was before they implemented the online reporting database in 2015, you couldn't use it because they didn't back load data
This is the first I've ever heard of that. We'll find out soon enough because I did manage to submit my 90-day address report online and I've lived in Thailand and have been submitting address reports long before 2015.

I will post what kind of response I'll get from immigration - and I haven't received one yet. In the meantime, we're all exempted from 90-day address reports until April 30 and chances are very good for another exemption.`
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

A friend of mine went to Immigration in Jomtien at around 10.30am today for his B800,000 90 day bank check. He says the car park was completely empty. Inside there were about 10 people in total at various desks but there were no queues and no ticket numbers had been issued. At Desk No. 8 (the Retirement Visa desk), the 2 girls looked busy but doesn't know why as no-one was there. It took him about five minutes to complete his business.

Maybe the crowd had gone down the road to the temporary Immigration office. Here's hoping.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

A friend went to Jomtien immigration today ....no lines....90 day report no wait...in and out in 5 min.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

thewayhelooks wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 pm A friend of mine went to Immigration in Jomtien at around 10.30am today for his B800,000 90 day bank check. He says the car park was completely empty. Inside there were about 10 people in total at various desks but there were no queues and no ticket numbers had been issued. At Desk No. 8 (the Retirement Visa desk), the 2 girls looked busy but doesn't know why as no-one was there. It took him about five minutes to complete his business.

Maybe the crowd had gone down the road to the temporary Immigration office. Here's hoping.
With the amnesty for those whose permission to stay has or will be expiring as well as for anyone with 90 day reports due in April, it is not surprising that the crowds have diminished. If the amnesty is extended past 30 April, then it should remain this way for a while - but glad to hear they are still doing the 90 day address reporting because when the amnesty is finally lifted, there most likely will be a large number reporting (unless those whose due date was suspended are given a window to do the reports, if doing in person, which will allow for a more orderly process -- but, that is probably expecting too much).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Visas extended, relief measures approved

21 Apr 2020

The cabinet approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners for three more months on Tuesday in a bid to prevent long queues at immigration centres and stem the spread of the coronavirus.

Foreigners whose visas had expired since March 26 will be permitted to stay until July 31 without having to apply for an extension, said Narumon Pinyosinwat, spokeswoman for the Thai government.

A similar extension was granted until April 30. To combat the Covid-19 outbreak, Thailand has since late March banned entry to foreigners, except diplomats and work-permit holders.

The cabinet also on Tuesday approved 98.7 billion baht in relief measures to help mitigate the impact of the outbreak, which is driving the country towards recession.

The economy could lose more than $40 billion and up to 10 million jobs due to the pandemic.

The government agreed to increase the number of workers receiving cash handouts to 14 million from 9 million, deputy government spokeswoman Rachada Dhnadirek said.

That will increase its total handout by 75 billion baht. Each worker receives 15,000 baht.

The government will also cut or waive electricity bills worth 23.7 billion baht for 22 million households.

The government has announced a series of steps worth billions of dollars to limit the impact of the outbreak. It plans to borrow 1 trillion baht to finance the measures.

Earlier on Tuesday, Thailand confirmed 19 new coronavirus cases, the lowest daily increase since March 14, and one death, a 50-year-old taxi driver. The country recorded 2,811 coronavirus cases and 48 fatalities.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... s-approved
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am if your last entry into Thailand was before they implemented the online reporting database in 2015, you couldn't use it because they didn't back load data
Though I don't know the exact cutoff date, I know that online reporting doesn't work for me and I know it's because my last entry was in 2009. The only way to fix it would be to exit Thailand and return.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

mahjongguy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 am The only way to fix it would be to exit Thailand and return.
Are you sure? Have you checked with immigration about that? My last entry was in January 2013 and online reporting worked for me. Maybe simply asking them to update your records would do it.

Another thing you might try - if you got a new passport since your last entry, try doing the online report using your previous passport number instead of your current number.

Don't forget, to do the online report it has to be no more than 15 days before the report is due and no less than 7 days.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am Don't forget, to do the online report it has to be no more than 15 days before the report is due and no less than 7 days.
The "window" for reporting was recently changed by Thai Immigration - the Pattaya City Expats Club on their Thai Immigration Update page has the following re the change:
Updated 11April 2020 90 DAY ADDRESS ONLINE –IMMIGRATION HAS CHANGED THE WINDOW FOR REPORTING
On 20 March 2020, Thai Immigration updated the window within which the online 90 day address could be reported. Instead of a window of 15 to 7 days before the due date, they will now allow reporting online from 15 days to the due date.
It also includes this chart from the Immigration website:

mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am Are you sure? Have you checked with immigration about that? Maybe simply asking them to update your records would do it.
I'm sure. Confirmed by Immigration. I'm not the only one, far from it.

I live in walking distance from their office so it hasn't been a problem. Still, when my check-in window opens next month I may give it a try, see if some clever bugger has incorporated TM6 arrival card numbers from further back.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

mahjongguy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:14 pm see if some clever bugger has incorporated TM6 arrival card numbers from further back.
Try using your old passport number. That may work. Let us know if you try it and whether it works or not.