How to do 90 Day Reporting Online

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bob

Re: How to do 90 Day Reporting Online

Post by Bob »

While some can handle the current system satisfactorily, it's rather pathetic that the 90-day online setup isn't more simplified. Maybe they need to
(1) decide first what new information, if any, they want/need, and (2) then hire a 14-year old to design and set up the website. For almost all of us long-stayers, they already have every bit of information that the current website requires you to repeat. And the problem with asking for too much information is that the system might go haywire if any bit of information you enter is different from what Immigration has already entered (correctly or incorrectly) in their system.

For a simplified system, one could go to the existing website and click on the button for 90-day reporting. What would come up is a simple page where you insert your passport number and departure card number. With that, what should come up is your information already on file and two simple buttons - one for reporting with the same address (and, after pushing that, a button for printing out your new date/form should come up) and another button for reporting a new address (and what would come up is a page to insert the new address and another button for printout).

But maybe that'd be too easy.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:14 pm decide first what new information, if any, they want/need
One piece of information the online site requires is the flight number on which you arrived. What on earth do they need that for? That question alone is on my "I Don't Get It" list. They don't even ask which airline it was, just the flight number. The last time I entered Thailand was in 2013. I've been here ever since. How am I supposed to remember the number for a flight I took 7 years ago? I'm glad they don't ask which airline it was because I don't remember that either.

I don't remember the flight number and I can't think of any reason I should be expected to. So, I just made up a number. Fortunately, their system accepted it.

I agree about simplifying the system so that you don't have to fill out the form every 90 days. However, I'm pleased enough that their system works at all, which came as a very pleasant and unexpected surprise, that I'd rather take the 5 minutes to fill out the form than have to go to immigration to submit this utterly uses report.

I wish they would figure out that the only time they ever need a new report is if your address changes or you get a new passport with a new passport number. Of course, the old passport number will be the one in their system if you haven't personally gone to immigration to give them your new passport number, so I have a feeling you better keep your old passport number handy in case their system doesn't accept the new number.

Yes, a simple little system would certainly be nice - and would make much more sense.

Maxxyz

Post by Maxxyz »

Well I finally bailed on my 90 Day online report as it continuously showed
07/04/2020 Not approved

I took advantage of the lull at Immigration to renew my retirement visa early and when that was approved went to the 90 day desk.
Mr. Grumpy tut tutted a lot about being late (10 days) but he would not fine me this time!!!
The Thai word for Amnesty escaping me and not mentioned at all by him I told him about my online endeavors and was told “I need to learn “
Deciding that a thank you would be more appropriate by me rather than giving him a lecture about empathy and compassion during this Pandemic I beat a hasty retreat.
I shudder to think of the reception awaiting all those having to return there next month