How to do 90 Day Reporting Online

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: How to do 90 Day Reporting Online

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 am I would imagine that this temporary amnesty being provided for visa extensions will create a bottleneck in immigration when they reopen the flood gates
That is another reason not to give up on trying to do the 90-day address reports online. I still haven't received anything back from immigration, but I'm sure sooner or later I will.

For me the only reason to go to immigration, other than the 90-day address report, would be renewing the retirement visa.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yesterday morning, for the first time in a few years (I've been mailing in reports for years after never being able to get the online deal to work), I tried the online deal shortly after 8AM, sailed through it, and got the email approving the filing at 9:43AM. About damn time it worked. Used Chrome browser and entered everything in all caps.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

As of today, April 13, I still have not received anything back from immigration about my online 90-day address report, which I filed on April 3.

This morning I wanted to get some errands out of the way before the next Pattaya lockdown attempt starts tomorrow, April 14. I went to Jomtien immigration and did my 90-day address report the old fashioned way. There couldn't have been more than a dozen people in the whole place. I was in and out in about 5 minutes.

Now we'll see if the right and left hand know what each other are doing (I think I already know the answer). Since I have now completed my 90-day address report at immigration, maybe I'll never receive anything regarding my online filing. Of course, that could also mean I wouldn't have received anything anyway, whether I went to immigration or not. But if I do receive something back from my online filing, guess what that says about the right and left hand . . .
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:49 am As of today, April 13, I still have not received anything back from immigration about my online 90-day address report, which I filed on April 3.
From the Immigration website regarding your 90 day application.

"Check your Application Status Online - Within 7 working days after your application is submitted, you can check your application status via www.immigration.go.th , bangkok.immigration.go.th"

I just tried the online 90 day reporting and after completing the first page it would not go any further. I got a message saying to contact my local immigration office for the latest information regarding 90 day reporting.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:54 pm From the Immigration website regarding your 90 day application.

"Check your Application Status Online - Within 7 working days after your application is submitted, you can check your application status via www.immigration.go.th
I'm well aware of that. Maybe you can get on the web site and find where to check the status. I haven't been able to find it. If it's there, it's well hidden, at least from me.

Why am I not surprised?
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:17 pm Why am I not surprised?
They should have used the link for the online 90 day reporting.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

Scroll down the page and select "*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them"

Then select "Accept"

There is a green box "Check the status of your application" on the next page.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Why does it sound like this thing's still fucked up... :shock:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:33 pm There is a green box "Check the status of your application" on the next page.
Thank you very much. I did that and now it says "Approved".

What is doesn't say is what to do next. It is certainly nothing like the receipt slip immigration stamps into your passport. I don't know if you're supposed to print that out and place it into your passport or wait until you receive something else by Email or whatever.

Until that is made clear I suppose what I would do, if I hadn't gone to immigration today and did it the usual way, would be to print out the approval page, put in my passport, and wait to see if anything else happens.

If anything else does happen, for me it hasn't happened yet.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Thank you very much. I did that and now it says "Approved".

What is doesn't say is what to do next. It is certainly nothing like the receipt slip immigration stamps into your passport. I don't know if you're supposed to print that out and place it into your passport or wait until you receive something else by Email or whatever.
On the approval page (sorta bottom right area?) is the word "View." Click on that and then another page comes up including a button to print out your next due date (Receipt of Notification). You might want to do that just to see if the due date you got from your personal visit to Immigration differs from the due date on the online Receipt of Notification. If they differ, I'd probably consider my next due date the earlier of the two.
[What you print out looks almost identical to the standard Receipt of Notification provided in person excepting only that it comes as a full page....I just cut off the bottom blank portion of the page and then staple the remainder in the back of the passport].

Edit: Here's what my page looked like (with my info deleted):

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:23 am On the approval page (sorta bottom right area?) is the word "View." Click on that and then another page comes up including a button to print out your next due date (Receipt of Notification).
Thank you very much Bob, and again Aussie. I'm glad you gents are so much better at figuring out these things than I am. I probably would never have figured out what to do if it hadn't been for your posts.

From now on I think this is the way I'll be doing my 90-day address reports. Once you know how to do the whole thing, it certainly is simple.

For me, the online form is the earlier of the two, as you said, by 10 days. If using the online method, yes it's probably best to report again on the earlier date. Once the current amnesty ends, if you haven't reported by the time their grace period is over, they probably won't approve the report and will instead let you know you'll have to go to immigration to file the report - and pay a fine . . .

Now - if they'll come up with a similar way to do the retirement visa online, rather than having to go to immigration, that would be even better, but I'm glad I won't have to go to immigration again for those 90-day address reports.

You both have helped me and probably everyone else reading this topic who also didn't know what to do or how to do it, along with people who don't live anywhere near an immigration office.