To wear a mask, or not wear a mask

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: To wear a mask, or not wear a mask

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:05 pm As I found when ordering a litre of Isopropyl Alcohol.
Alcohol is something else close to impossible to find around here right now. Most of the hand gels I've seen are labeled 70% alcohol. I suppose that's the closest we'll get for the time being.

I'm always amazed when something so readily available most of the time becomes impossible to find when you really need it.

"My wife is just like my car. On a cold morning, when you really need it, she won't turn over."
- Rodney Dangerfield
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:15 pm Alcohol is something else close to impossible to find around here right now. Most of the hand gels I've seen are labeled 70% alcohol. I suppose that's the closest we'll get for the time being.
A lot of the stores have set up carts and tables near the front entrances to sell hand gel and spray disinfectant because of the virus. You will notice that these products all contain 70% alcohol which is all that is needed.

I stocked up on these at the mini-mart in Bang Saray before heading to Buriram, and after arriving, I see the stuff everywhere now.

You shouldn't have a problem finding it. There are several Thai companies that started ramping up production back in January - so there's no shortage.

Also, regarding face masks: It's a good idea to spray your mask with a disinfectant every time you take it off, unless you plan to dispose of it. Don't spray it in your eyes unless you want to fool someone into thinking you have the virus.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:41 pm You will notice that these products all contain 70% alcohol which is all that is needed.
For me, my reasons for wanting alcohol have nothing to do with the virus. But for now, none is available.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:38 pm 3. For show. I still think all the masks are essentially useless and, by the way, so does WHO, but since you have to be wearing a mask to be admitted to just about anywhere now and also to avoid anger from others, at least you'll have a mask if you can't find anything else.
If that's all you're worried about, just buy a bra strap...cut it in half...and have two masks for the price of one.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:01 pm If that's all you're worried about, just buy a bra strap...cut it in half...and have two masks for the price of one.
What?!? And ruin the looks of my inflatable doll? Never!
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Asia may have been right about coronavirus and face masks, and the rest of the world is coming around

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/asia/cor ... index.html
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

President Donald Trump has suggested that individuals could "use a scarf".

Maybe all the hillbillies down in Alabama will start wearing scarfs while driving their tractors. His other supporters have been wearing white scarfs over their heads for years. Is it possible they know something that we don't?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Up2u wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:49 am Asia may have been right about coronavirus and face masks, and the rest of the world is coming around
Expect the WHO to be too slow to respond again.
Remember, these are the same overpaid clowns who were recommending no restrictions on travel from China for all of January. Now, since they did not shut the barn door in time, billions of people are locked down all over the world.

Some of them should be fired when this is over.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I saw a farang asked to leave the 7 shop on Thappraya road opposite the Jomtien Complex because he was not wearing a face mask. He was quite upset and pulled his T shirt over his face but still not allowed inside.