Mixt Chatuchak

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Mixt Chatuchak

Post by Trongpai »

Several new, big and glitzy shopping malls open every year it seems in Bangkok but this is not the usual Central type shopping mall. It is, however, huge. Most of you are familiar with the Chatuchak Market and this is right in the center of it.

View from the 3 floor food court facing BTS MorChit station.

A nice food court, inexpensive and lots of different food items. Good quality.

It's been open for a few months but I've been putting off a visit until the new-mall crowd people thin out. It's OK now. I know a significant number of posters have a ho-hum attitude about shopping malls but presumably you wear clothes, shoes and eat food? It's a lot better prices than most of the upmarket Bangkok clothing stores in the usual malls. JJ Mall was once touted as the indoor Chatuchak Market but never hit it's mark. This works.

https://thesmartlocal.com/thailand/mixt-chatuchak/
pong

Re: Mixt Chatuchak

Post by pong »

Hm, ave not been there for a few weeks but did not remember this. there IS however another icy cold and quite huge new place, underground and built/dug out above the MRT and under the main road and the main attraction is free WiFi-so on a sat afternoon (I went to ride the then new extension of MRT into Thonburi after the BTS ditto to Kasert) it was full of game players and other young people with their new techy thingies. Just a very few shops-mostly eating and those inevitable bubblesteas etc. WiFi is also free at tesco and many 7s now, but for a very limited time and generally with too much privacy invasion for bombarding you with ads later on.