Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by Jun » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Directly on topic, but probably less interesting than Dodger's comments:

No of cases = 28336
Deaths = 565 (1.994%)
Recovered = 1322 (4.7%)

Now the estimated death rate remains at 2%. However, as over 93% of the people infected still have the virus, including those who only had it detected yesterday, it looks like the 2% figure is rather optimistic. It would take a near zero death rate amongst the 93% to keep the death rate to 2%.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:12 pm

Dodger wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:57 pm
If things really get bad, and Thailand falls into a recession as some financial experts are predicting, I would imagine some the working boys would lower their expectations a bit just to survive.
I'm sure they would, but that's not the point. The point is whether it would be right for us to take advantage of their misfortune. If I take a boy, he's going to get what I always give. I'm not going to give him less even if I can get away with it.

How things are where he comes from or how he spends his money, his day, or anything else - to me that it totally irrelevant to the amount I should give him and it's none of my business in the first place. I'm not here to pass judgment on how he spends his time or money. And for sure I'm not going to use my evaluation of his life to try to justify giving him so much as one baht less than the standard amounts. If he wastes it, he wastes it. That's his affair, not mine. It is not my place to judge how he spends his time or what he does with his money any more than it is anyone else's business or place to judge what you do with yours.

If someone is taking a boy off for sex, then give him the proper amounts. What he does with it is his business, not anyone else's.

One other thought - since they're Thai, I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing the same thing we've often seen Thai businesses do when they're not making enough money or getting enough customers. They don't lower their prices. They raise them.

Finnseventy

Post by Finnseventy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:23 pm

I was in pattaya over the new year and found the boys' tip expectations had dropped considerably. This was before the coronavirus but following the steep rise in the baht during 2019.
I kept a note of tips and for what it's worth they were:
1 × 1300
9 x 1000
1 × 600
9 x 500.
In each case the tip was agreed in advance and all but two of the meets were via the apps - Grindr and Hornet.
A number of the 500 baht tips were to a pair of regulars I got to know during the summer low season who were happy to come looking for repeat business.
I haven't come across much reporting of what appears to be a drop in boys expectations tip wise on the forums. However it came up regularly in conversation in the bars at the time.

deanagam

Post by deanagam » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:27 pm

If they raise their prices they will go hungry.
When they return to their respective villages, their local customers will be paying just a fraction of what they normally received from falang.
Any responsible son will not return to his parents and cause them any hardship.
I'm in concert with Jun and Dodger.

Jun

Post by Jun » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:11 pm

Some boys try to push boundaries, so I see no harm in the farang pushing back, within reasonable limits.

Here are some cases were the farang pushing back seems to be in order:

1 There was the much discussed case of a lad demanding $500 a month, in addition to the tips he was receiving from another member.

2 I had a lad long time. We agreed x+y+z, long time, minimum xxxx. He was good and got xxxx + 10%. . All happy. He contacted me asking to meet again, but I was going home. 13 months later and some new profile pics - he didn't remember me, but wanted me to commit to YYYY long time, whilst he refused to commit anything regarding service. Trying to fix the tip without fixing what he does in return !
Then he criticized ME for wasting his time. He seems to have left the "trade" now.

3 Some of the Bangkok muscle boys apparently demanding crazy tips

4 Funny Boys minimum tip "1500 short time, 3000 long time". The same guys will often come running for a promise of minimum 1000 if the date is fixed on Grindr.

Obviously, it's wise to remember what goes round comes round and remain within fair limits.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Meanwhile - fortunately there are still no cases reported in Pattaya, although the Thai authorities are arresting people who spread false information and fake news online. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. Maybe they misinterpreted something, panicked over something they read, heard, or saw, or it's their warped idea of fun.

Whatever, accuracy is important. On this board, only news from substantiated legitimate media news sources will be reported.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pattaya resident arrested for creating and sharing Fake News about Coronavirus in Pattaya area and causing panic

By Adam Judd

February 6, 2020

At about 2:00PM yesterday Royal Thai National police along with agents from Thailand’s Crime Suppression Division for Technological Crimes arrested a Pattaya area resident, 24 year old Ms. Worawan (her surname was withheld) for sharing and creating fake news about a novel Coronavirus death in Pattaya on popular Thai Facebook groups.

There have been no suspected or confirmed cases whatsoever in the Pattaya area and no deaths due to the virus in Thailand.

This is the second fake news case in the Pattaya area that has resulted in an arrest. Penalties can be up to years in prison.

Police stated that they will continue to crack down on fake news and people creating and spreading fear and panic as it is detrimental to the country. The suspect will be charged under section 14 of the computer crimes act which deals with creating false computer data that could damage the security of the country.

Police stated that in conjunction with the anti fake news center they are monitoring and searching on an hourly basis for more fake news about the virus and will hold responsible those who share and create the news.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/02/06/p ... ing-panic/

ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:03 pm

I am with @Gaybutton I don't think we should take advantage of the boys if they will face difficulties due weaken Thai economy ,.I will certainly not .but Thai boys and logic don't go hand in hand and they certainty may raise their fee to compensate low number of customers however I will not pay more than the ongoing rate I am used to.

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:08 pm

I've been out of the tipping game for almost 7 years, so certainly not the expert, although spent 15 years totally submersed in the scene, and from what I hear, the average (and range) of tips hasn't changed at all.

For 6 of those 15 years the same boy stayed with me full-time 24/7 for my 3 month holidays. I gave him 500 baht/day pocket money, 20,000 baht for his savings the day I departed, and of course paid for all his meals/entertainment, etc.

I routinely tipped 1,500 baht for both short times and most overnight stays, although could have had short times in the 500 - 700 baht range if I wanted, based on the offers that were being made. I opted to pay them more, regardless of they would have jumped in my bed for less, for the mere fact that it made me feel good to do it.

Having said that, I don't fault anyone for negotiating lower rates, as long as they're within reasonable limits.

This virus we're talking about effects all businesses, and I don't see the prostitution racket as being any different.

Jun

Post by Jun » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:15 pm

I hope they strike the correct balance between on one hand, arresting and punishing those who create fake news and on the other hand, genuine investigative journalism that exposes dishonesty by the authorities.

I remain suspicious about the daily percentage increase in cases. One country seems to be doing so much better than several others. I hope that's down to genuinely getting the situation under control.
Not statistical outliers, delays in reporting or anything like that. And I would hope the media will publicise any genuine "issues" and inaccuracies.

I also see people posting fake news about gels not being effective. That's contrary to WHO advice.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:52 pm

2 newborns infected....Doctor who raised the warning flag contracted the virus dies:

https://cnn.it/2v9QCDn
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"