chinese deadly coronavirus

Anything and everything about Thailand
pong

Re: chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by pong »

On touristy sites there are lots of complaints/questions about the assumed probablity that those fingerprintthings they now use are a source of transmission. And: get those facemasks before you leave home, as all sold out in TH. (toughh I saw large stacks of them somewhere yesterday).
There are bonuses for us:
far fewer of those pesky uncouth mainland Chinese for now (though other reports say MBs fom the well known BKK places that are so attractive for CN girls are complaining about dwindling offs from them.........)
AND- it also seems financial markets are reacting and the THB is slowly sliding down-EUR now again above 34 and GBP over 40. I dont do US$ so cannot compare.
Also all the previous samesame hype about the bad air has near completely disappeared. But I cannot say air as such is any better........
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton post_id=99100 time=1580310124 user_id=2]

I believe he is sincere. You seem quite cynical about it. I don't believe for a second he's going as some sort of contrived PR stunt. I believe he truly wants to do what can be done to prevent this disease from spreading any further into Thailand than it already has. Why should he not? If nothing else, his visit will make it clear to airport staff that he is paying attention and is going to be on top of it.
I tend to agree.

It's hard to fault the PM for wanting to appear as being proactive and concerned. He would be nailed to the cross if he wasn't.

They need to ban any and all Chinese from entering the Kingdom, and tell those Chinese women to keep their hands (and lips) off our boys.

45 people die in Thailand every day as a result of road accidents. And with a population of 1.5 billion people, the Chinese who have died as a result of the virus represent a single grain of sand on a long beach. Serious...YES. Time to freak out and start wearing a face mask when you sleep at night...NO.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pong wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 am the THB is slowly sliding down-EUR now again above 34 and GBP over 40. I dont do US$ so cannot compare.
You can always get the current exchange rates at: https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banki ... tml#fxrate

I think it is invalid to talk about other diseases that cause many more deaths than this one has - so far. That does not alter the fact that this one is also causing deaths and spreading globally. Hopefully it will successfully be contained until it disappears.

I just hope the Chinese people will now stick to conventional foods rather than lizard testicles, giraffe nasal linings, rat assholes or whatever they're eating that brought about this disease in the first place.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 am
pong wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 am the THB is slowly sliding down-EUR now again above 34 and GBP over 40. I dont do US$ so cannot compare.
You can always get the current exchange rates at: https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banki ... tml#fxrate
I just initiated a TransferWise transfer and the exchange rate was 31.1. I believe the weakening of the baht can be attributed to the corona virus.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Virus or not, you can always count on the excellent, polite, charming, heart warming behavior of at least some Chinese tourists. This got started because a group of Chinese tourists at a restaurant were being excessively loud. When a Thai lady came over to their table and asked them to quiet down, this is what happened:

Scroll up to the 5 minute mark:

Just out of curiosity, do they have anger management classes in China?

Chinese tourists caught on video fighting with other customers and foreigners at restaurant over being too loud in Pattaya-Video

By Adam Judd

January 30, 2020

A video clip of Chinese customers fighting with Thai and foreign customers at a restaurant in Pattaya has gone viral on social media this week.

The owner of the restaurant, 53 year old PrasertChai Boonma explained to the press “The incident happened at a restaurant behind Lan Poe Market at 8:50PM yesterday, January 29, 2020.”

“There were about 15 Chinese customers at the restaurant. They were making loud noises and disrupting other customers.” PrasertChai continued.

“A female Thai customer approached them and asked them to quiet down. They refused. After this several of the Chinese customers approached her aggressively and she tried to take a video on her phone of the Chinese customers being disrespectful which angered them.”

“At this point the Chinese customers physically attacked the Thai woman. A man can clearly be seen on video assaulting and kicking the woman. ” She added.

“Foreign customers attempted to interfere and tried to stop them but they were also attacked.”

Police were called at this point by the restaurant staff. The Chinese customers paid an undisclosed fine to the restaurant and victims after speaking with Pattaya Police.

However, Pattaya Police stated they are continuing their investigation and waiting to see if further charges may be filed by the restaurant or victims.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/01/30/c ... aya-video/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Chinese eating in Thailand:

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:06 pm Chinese eating in Thailand:

Unbelievable!

Is there any confusion why this virus is spreading so quickly!

You know the old saying..." You are what you eat". Well, the Chinese will eat shit if it's for free - and devour it like pigs.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Comments on Chinese management of this virus:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opi ... s#cxrecs_s
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »