chinese deadly coronavirus

Anything and everything about Thailand
deanagam

Re: chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by deanagam »

If they raise their prices they will go hungry.
When they return to their respective villages, their local customers will be paying just a fraction of what they normally received from falang.
Any responsible son will not return to his parents and cause them any hardship.
I'm in concert with Jun and Dodger.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Some boys try to push boundaries, so I see no harm in the farang pushing back, within reasonable limits.

Here are some cases were the farang pushing back seems to be in order:

1 There was the much discussed case of a lad demanding $500 a month, in addition to the tips he was receiving from another member.

2 I had a lad long time. We agreed x+y+z, long time, minimum xxxx. He was good and got xxxx + 10%. . All happy. He contacted me asking to meet again, but I was going home. 13 months later and some new profile pics - he didn't remember me, but wanted me to commit to YYYY long time, whilst he refused to commit anything regarding service. Trying to fix the tip without fixing what he does in return !
Then he criticized ME for wasting his time. He seems to have left the "trade" now.

3 Some of the Bangkok muscle boys apparently demanding crazy tips

4 Funny Boys minimum tip "1500 short time, 3000 long time". The same guys will often come running for a promise of minimum 1000 if the date is fixed on Grindr.

Obviously, it's wise to remember what goes round comes round and remain within fair limits.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Meanwhile - fortunately there are still no cases reported in Pattaya, although the Thai authorities are arresting people who spread false information and fake news online. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. Maybe they misinterpreted something, panicked over something they read, heard, or saw, or it's their warped idea of fun.

Whatever, accuracy is important. On this board, only news from substantiated legitimate media news sources will be reported.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pattaya resident arrested for creating and sharing Fake News about Coronavirus in Pattaya area and causing panic

By Adam Judd

February 6, 2020

At about 2:00PM yesterday Royal Thai National police along with agents from Thailand’s Crime Suppression Division for Technological Crimes arrested a Pattaya area resident, 24 year old Ms. Worawan (her surname was withheld) for sharing and creating fake news about a novel Coronavirus death in Pattaya on popular Thai Facebook groups.

There have been no suspected or confirmed cases whatsoever in the Pattaya area and no deaths due to the virus in Thailand.

This is the second fake news case in the Pattaya area that has resulted in an arrest. Penalties can be up to years in prison.

Police stated that they will continue to crack down on fake news and people creating and spreading fear and panic as it is detrimental to the country. The suspect will be charged under section 14 of the computer crimes act which deals with creating false computer data that could damage the security of the country.

Police stated that in conjunction with the anti fake news center they are monitoring and searching on an hourly basis for more fake news about the virus and will hold responsible those who share and create the news.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/02/06/p ... ing-panic/
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

I am with @Gaybutton I don't think we should take advantage of the boys if they will face difficulties due weaken Thai economy ,.I will certainly not .but Thai boys and logic don't go hand in hand and they certainty may raise their fee to compensate low number of customers however I will not pay more than the ongoing rate I am used to.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I've been out of the tipping game for almost 7 years, so certainly not the expert, although spent 15 years totally submersed in the scene, and from what I hear, the average (and range) of tips hasn't changed at all.

For 6 of those 15 years the same boy stayed with me full-time 24/7 for my 3 month holidays. I gave him 500 baht/day pocket money, 20,000 baht for his savings the day I departed, and of course paid for all his meals/entertainment, etc.

I routinely tipped 1,500 baht for both short times and most overnight stays, although could have had short times in the 500 - 700 baht range if I wanted, based on the offers that were being made. I opted to pay them more, regardless of they would have jumped in my bed for less, for the mere fact that it made me feel good to do it.

Having said that, I don't fault anyone for negotiating lower rates, as long as they're within reasonable limits.

This virus we're talking about effects all businesses, and I don't see the prostitution racket as being any different.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I hope they strike the correct balance between on one hand, arresting and punishing those who create fake news and on the other hand, genuine investigative journalism that exposes dishonesty by the authorities.

I remain suspicious about the daily percentage increase in cases. One country seems to be doing so much better than several others. I hope that's down to genuinely getting the situation under control.
Not statistical outliers, delays in reporting or anything like that. And I would hope the media will publicise any genuine "issues" and inaccuracies.

I also see people posting fake news about gels not being effective. That's contrary to WHO advice.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

2 newborns infected....Doctor who raised the warning flag contracted the virus dies:

https://cnn.it/2v9QCDn
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:52 pm Doctor who raised the warning flag contracted the virus dies
That is truly sad news. When he first reported it he was harassed and threatened for "rumor mongering". I doubt China will ever admit who was responsible for doing that.

I also don't understand why WHO is still trying to say this is not some sort of pandemic. With numbers of cases rising worldwide and numbers of deaths rising, if this does not constitute a pandemic, what does?

Whistleblower doctor dies, virus death toll rises to at least 630

7 Feb 2020

A Chinese doctor, among the first to raise the alert about China's new coronavirus, himself died from the pathogen on Friday, emphasising the depth of a worsening crisis that has killed at least 630 people.

Global panic also spread, with thousands trapped on quarantined cruise ships.

Ophthalmologist Li Wenliang died at 2.58am (1.58am Thai time), Wuhan Central Hospital said in a post on its verified account on Chinese social media platform Weibo.

The 34-year-old sent out a message about the new coronavirus to colleagues on Dec 30, but was later among eight whistleblowers summoned by police for "rumour-mongering."

He later contracted the disease while treating a patient and has been hailed as a hero by Chinese internet users.

Li was among more than 28,000 people who have been infected in China, where authorities are struggling to contain the outbreak, despite ordering millions indoors in a growing number of cities.

The number of confirmed deaths in China from the new-coronavirus outbreak rose on Friday to at least 630 after hard-hit Hubei province reported 69 new fatalities.

In its daily update, Hubei's health commission also confirmed another 2,447 new cases in the province, where the epidemic originated.

Thousands of holidaymakers on cruise ships in Hong Kong and Japan face an agonising wait to find out if more among them have been infected.

At least 20 people on the Diamond Princess -- off Yokohama since Monday -- have tested positive. Some 3,700 passengers and crew from more than 50 countries have been confined to quarters.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said another cruise ship, the Westerdam, was heading to the country with one confirmed case.

He said no foreigners from the vessel, capable of carrying nearly 3,000 passengers and crew, would be allowed to disembark.

In Hong Kong, 3,600 people spent a second night confined aboard the World Dream. Authorities conducted health checks after eight former passengers tested positive for the virus.

Hong Kong has been particularly nervous because the crisis revived memories of another coronavirus that causes Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). It killed nearly 300 people in the city and another 349 on the Chinese mainland in 2002-2003.

Panic buying in semi-autonomous Hong Kong left supermarkets empty of toilet paper following false online claims of shortages, prompting authorities to appeal for calm.

One person has died after contracting the virus in Hong Kong.

While the death toll rises in China with the death of Li and others, experts have stressed that at two percent mortality, 2019-nCoV is far less deadly than SARS, which killed around 10 percent of the people it infected 17 years ago.

The outbreak has nevertheless been declared a global health emergency, prompting several governments to warn against travel to China and ban arrivals from the country, while airlines have halted flights and brought home their citizens.

Almost 200 Canadians showed up at the airport in Wuhan for the country's first evacuations, most on a commercial airliner chartered by Ottawa, officials said.

Germany's foreign ministry said it was working to bring home several nationals who had not made it out on a flight that reached Frankfurt last Saturday.

Saudi Arabia banned citizens and resident foreigners from travelling to China, while Air France-KLM extended its flight suspension by another month until March 15.

Chinese President Xi Jinping told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in a call that all countries should "follow World Health Organization guidelines on travel and health in a timely manner", state news agency Xinhua reported.

After Britain advised nationals to leave China, Beijing's ambassador to London said there should not be "such a panic."

Short of medical staff

China has enacted unprecedented measures to contain the virus, which spread during the Lunar New Year holiday in late January, when millions criss-crossed the country.

But deaths and new infections continue to rise, especially at the epicentre in Hubei province, where 18 cities housing 56 million people have been under virtual lockdown since late last month.

There is a shortage of 2,250 medical personnel in Hubei, deputy provincial governor Yang Yunyan said Thursday. The inability to offer health workers adequate protective gear is hindering the numbers that can be deployed on the front lines, he added.

With Hubei's capital Wuhan overwhelmed, authorities were due to open a second, 1,600-bed field hospital.

The central government has announced measures intended to ensure the supply of vital resources, with tax breaks for manufacturers of medical equipment.

BGI Group, a genome sequencing company in southern China, said it had opened a lab in Wuhan able to test 10,000 people a day.

'Don't go out'

More cities are ordering people to stay indoors.

They include Hangzhou, 175 kilometres from Shanghai, where fences block streets and loudspeakers tell people: "Don't go out!"

In Beijing -- where streets remain eerily quiet -- restaurants have been barred from accepting reservations for parties.

And in Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi province which borders Hubei, pharmacists must send reports to the authorities on anyone buying fever or cough medicine.

The outbreak has also hit major businesses.

Workers making iPhones at tech giant Foxconn's plant in Henan province, bordering Hubei, will be quarantined for up to two weeks, the company said.

China said it would halve tariffs on US$75 billion worth of US imports, as part of a trade truce with Washington and as officials look to calm markets unnerved by the outbreak.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/18525 ... -least-630
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thai health minister apologies for racist Westerners (falang) remarks:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t-outburst
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:09 pm Thai health minister apologies for racist Westerners (falang) remarks:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t-outburst
Why doesn't the Health Minister stop the Chinese from entering Thailand, versus, expecting non-Chinese visitors who are here on vacation to walk around wearing face masks. Who in the hell would go somewhere on vacation if they had to wear a face mask? Is this guy for real?

With the exception of tour groups, the Chinese are free and clear to travel to Thailand any time they want. There are countries thousands of miles away from the virus epicenter who have banned the Chinese, but Thailand, which is just a stone's throw away, still leaves the door wide open. It appears as if the Health Minister is preparing to cover his ass when the virus escalates in Thailand, by blaming the "farang", as always.