"I NEED MONEY FOR RENT"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: "I NEED MONEY FOR RENT"

Post by Gaybutton » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 pm

The topic seems to be morphing into a topic about tipping. That should be a separate topic. Let's please get back to what this topic is supposed to be about - the stories boys come up with in attempts to get more money out of us and how we deal with it.

Jun

Post by Jun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:58 pm

Gaybutton wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 pm
The topic seems to be morphing into a topic about tipping. That should be a separate topic. Let's please get back to what this topic is supposed to be about - the stories boys come up with in attempts to get more money out of us and how we deal with it.
I was attempting to make the point that I aim to tip fairly for services and have never given anything in response to a good story. That's how I deal with it.
Service = Fair tip
Story = Nothing

Admittedly I have only been asked 3 times:
1 By a Khmer lad who hadn't contacted me since my previous visit there 2 years earlier and whom I had seen twice. Despite him speaking the best English of any bar boy I have ever met, it was s short e-mail with no reason offered for the request.
2 A Filipino who tried a range of stories. The first was rather poor, saying he had a cold and needed to see a doctor for $75. Where I come from, you don't see a doctor for a cold. I also established it doesn't cost $75 to see a doctor there. He tried rent deposit, birthday and finally sending me pictures of trainers. As he only ever said hello before steering the topic to money, I just ignored all further correspondence.
3 The current lad has tried rent, medical costs and visa run costs with me. He tried gambling losses as a reason with another farang. He has not yet tried buffalo, sick grandmothers and so on.

ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:04 am

Jun wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:58 pm
I was attempting to make the point that I aim to tip fairly for services and have never given anything in response to a good story. That's how I deal with it.
Service = Fair tip
Story = Nothing
Yes I agree with you. For me :

Good service= above normal tip.
Normal service = normal tip
Poor service= normal tip but no repeat.
Story= nothing, but if the story is unique or unusual one I will give small extra money just for amusement purposes.

Jun

Post by Jun » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Despite commenting on and criticising my behaviour, one board member still declines to provide specific examples of how HE has being dealing with these issues.

What are we supposed to conclude ? Is listening to the "jungle drums" is as close as it gets ? Or ?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Jun wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:31 pm
What are we supposed to conclude ?
We're not supposed to conclude anything. This is becoming a personal issue and not appropriate for this board. And quite frankly, I doubt anyone even cares. I have already removed the offending post and issued a stern warning - and believe me, I meant that warning. That is enough.

Sorry, but I'm not here to referee or resolve personal disputes.

I suggest just dropping it, moving on, and sticking to the issue itself instead of letting something someone else posted bother you, especially since I deleted the offending post.

Jun

Post by Jun » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Well the lad who needed "money for rent" has posted his forward travel schedule. That includes a few Thai resorts and a trip to an EU city.

So either he's rustled up enough cash to fund that flight or there is a sponsor. In addition to ongoing client earnings from plying his services on the apps.

Anyhow, I'm unlikely to hear the story/explanation, as there are many other deserving and delightful candidates for the next date.