"I NEED MONEY FOR RENT"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: "I NEED MONEY FOR RENT"

Post by Jun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Having established the lad has a shoulder injury, I met him again.

He provided the usual service and I gave him the normal tip. He made some fairly subtle comments about needing an x-ray and having to make a visa run today.
I ignored the comments, since my potential contribution in the form of advice on how to budget would probably be wasted.

I expect the "need" for an x-ray is driven by the hospital revenue targets, not health issues.
Also, the train now runs all the way to the Cambodia border for 49 baht. If I were that hard up, that would be the way to travel. Admittedly the ****s in Thai immigration there are so deliberately slow he may well miss the return train.

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Jun post_id=99139 time=1580536878 user_id=142]

I ignored the comments, since my potential contribution in the form of advice on how to budget would probably be wasted.
Advice on how to budget money coming from a farang punter is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine.

If this boy has to do a visa run, I guess it's fair to assume that he's probably either Laotian or Cambodian, both of which are extremely poor countries where a few bucks out of a farangs pockets would feed a family. I'm not suggesting that you throw tons of cash at him, but understanding the shoes he's in may change your perspective a bit.

If he's a gold digger, and you're just into him for the sex. then you can both continue playing each other the way you are now. But if there's something that you genuinely like about him, aside from the sex, and he's a person of substance, you should just tell him he can stop with all the lies because you know the situation he's in, and don't mind giving him a little extra money once in a while to help out. If he starts asking for more than you're comfortable giving him, just be honest and tell him that. To be blunt, you can save the "budget lectures", because you haven't the foggiest clue what his real needs are. If you start communicating with him as a "person", he just may surprise you. Many do.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:13 pm

I have removed a personal insult/attack post. Those of you who wish to insult or fight with each other, do so by PM or meeting personally. But you are NOT going to do it publicly on my board. And if the person being attacked by PM shows me it has gotten to the point of being abusive, believe me, you are not going to get away with it there either.

I am getting very tired of warning the same people. Ok, maybe it's time to live up to my reputation and start banning offenders who think they're going to get away with defying the board rules.

Fair warning. If anyone does it again and then finds his membership deleted, are you going to blame me or the person you see in a mirror?

In any case I don't give a damn who you blame. You want to post a personal attack or personal insult? Go ahead. Then watch what I'll do next. If anyone thinks I don't mean it, try me.

If anyone is uncertain about whether a post you wish to submit is acceptable or not, submit it to me first, either by PM or Email. I'll be happy to let you know whether it is acceptable for this board. I think that's better than finding out the hard way.

Jun

Post by Jun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Dodger wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:43 pm
If this boy has to do a visa run, I guess it's fair to assume that he's probably either Laotian or Cambodian, both of which are extremely poor countries where a few bucks out of a farangs pockets would feed a family. I'm not suggesting that you throw tons of cash at him, but understanding the shoes he's in may change your perspective a bit.
I've been to places like Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, so have seen how the poor live there. Myanmar is probably the poorest.

This lad easily has the potential to earn at least 10 or 20 times Lao GDP per capita whilst in Thailand. There is one other Lao lad who I first met about 9 years ago, who confided that he has bought property in Laos and expects to go home permanently in a couple of years. That's an example of how to operate.

The lad I'm referring to as the topic of this post spends money frivolously, including on tat priced up as premium goods and nightclubbing. About 3 years ago, in discussion with another farang, he also tried a sob story about losing 10,000 baht gambling. The farang gave him good advice and no money.

Also, you need to understand this lad is doing purely short time offs with me. He's always gone for short time. That should mean either a short time tip is sufficient for his needs, or he can earn more with other short time clients on the same day.

Some other lads have taken long time, which means they have a bigger tip and have built more of a relationship. These lads would be higher up the queue if I were to start making donations beyond the tip.
Oddly enough, none of the lads I have done long time with in Thailand have ever tried any buffalo stories.

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Jun wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Dodger wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:43 pm
I've been to places like Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, so have seen how the poor live there. Myanmar is probably the poorest.
What you said certainly sounds reasonable.

Like you, I really have no complaints about the guys I've shacked up with for long stays. Siphoning through the mix of personalities to see who's genuine, and who's not, can be a bit challenging, but there are plenty of hidden gems out there.

rocket

Post by rocket » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:35 pm

I often think about the average Thai making about 300 baht a day. But Pattaya City is more expensive than their home villages. If they want to go clubbing it’s expensive. So it’s kind of unfair to tip them too low with that logic. I mean if you were in their village that might justify tipping as low as possible, as the money goes so much further there.

I’m meeting a real hot guy tonight who just started working in the bars, a former hairdresser. Compared to that job he must be thrilled to be getting what he receives in tips now. But he speaks almost no English so we’ll be using google translate a lot, which I hate. But I’ll listen to the advice here and try to start tipping smaller than normal. And maybe slowly increase depending on performance.

Jun

Post by Jun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:53 pm

rocket wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:35 pm
I’ll listen to the advice here and try to start tipping smaller than normal. And maybe slowly increase depending on performance.
As far as I know, only one person here has offered that advice, but it might still be good.

I vary the tip according to performance, but assuming the performance is constant, the tip for the first off will be the same as the third time and so on.

Mind you, assuming the tip is at least at the expected market minimum, it's obviously better to start at a low or normal tip, than start too high, then cut when you see the guy again.

If there is a gap of several months, I expect most boys will have completely forgotten about tip levels. The only time I ever encountered a lad keeping notes was in Prague.

(Following comment definitely not aimed at Rocket or Dodger). If any other member wants to be particularly critical of my tipping regime, perhaps that member might want to start by explaining how HE deals with narrative based financial requests from money boys. When the boy has done short time, say up to 5 times in 12 months ie no hint of a "relationship".

rocket

Post by rocket » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:13 pm

But the ones I’ve offed in the past almost always remember exactly what I tipped them. Plus they spread the word. When I sat down at Winner Bar the other night, I heard a guy on the stage tell the guy I was sitting with that I tip ha loi(500) baht. Not for off but for sitting together. his name was Aum, formerly of Cupidols.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:26 pm

rocket wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:13 pm
But the ones I’ve offed in the past almost always remember exactly what I tipped them. Plus they spread the word. When I sat down at Winner Bar the other night, I heard a guy on the stage tell the guy I was sitting with that I tip ha loi(500) baht. Not for off but for sitting together. his name was Aum, formerly of Cupidols.
The jungle drums are definitely in your favor. The boys whether fem, straight etc. quickly learn who is worth of their attention and who is not :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Jun

Post by Jun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Undaunted wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:26 pm
The jungle drums are definitely in your favor. The boys whether fem, straight etc. quickly learn who is worth of their attention and who is not :!:
Much direct and now implied comment is passed on other people's exploits.
Including presumed tipping behaviour and presumed success rates, without having any clue whether your presumptions are correct. Unless you have the FBI following me

What about your own experiences then ? Enough advice and criticism is offered to others, but never any specific details of your own exploits. Do you tip above market norms for meeting lads ? If they have a really good story, do you add another 1000 ?

As for myself, I can't remember a case of a lad I offed declining another off.
Most contact me asking for another off and the remainder accept any request for one. The lad who got his usual tip last night has already asked to meet tonight.

Tipping fairly based on service and not the narrative works.