"I NEED MONEY FOR RENT"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: "I NEED MONEY FOR RENT"

Post by Jun »

The lad has posted again on Instagram showing himself out clubbing.

On Tuesday he apparently didn't have enough money for the rent. By Friday, he has solved the problem, without my help and got enough spare to go clubbing.

Dodger's looks correct in suggesting that the rent request is just an indication of the sum of money he thinks I might hand over, rather than the purpose for the money.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:41 am On Tuesday he apparently didn't have enough money for the rent. By Friday, he has solved the problem
That doesn't surprise me at all. In all the years I've lived here, from among all the Thai boys who tried to tell me they didn't have enough money for their room rent, I have never seen any of them actually lose their room.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I guess we don't often hear them asking for 3000 baht for yabba or to go clubbing.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

rocket wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 am I rarely get asked for more money than the standard tip. But maybe because I’m generous. Tonight was the first in a while. The guy who works in Sunee said he needed money for rent because he pays 300 baht a day, and his baby needed food. I refused but said I could see him again tomorrow to help him.

This guy has been used a lot but he’s very well hung. One of my weaknesses.
If he's well-hung and used a lot as you stated, then he should be earning enough to pay his room rent. 300 baht/day (9,000 baht/month) is double what most boys pay for their rooms.

The "Hungry Baby" ploy is one of the oldest on the books. If you tipped him 1,000 - 1,500 for your short time fun, he has enough money to feed ten babies.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

Yes it's a lie, 9000 Bht a month in Pattaya is very high no chance a Thai boy is paying this amount for rent and not likely he is paying the rent daily and not monthly. if the guy is desperate for money he can take part time job in the mornings to earn extra money. You took the right decision for not giving him money besides the agreed fee.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:48 am The "Hungry Baby" ploy is one of the oldest on the books. If you tipped him 1,000 - 1,500 for your short time fun, he has enough money to feed ten babies.
1 Street food seems to cost 30 to 50 baht. As far as I know, babies eat small portions. Also I presume there is some cheap option for baby food in between his mother feeding naturally and eating adult food.

2 In a country with a minimum wage of just over 300 baht per day, he should be well capable of surviving on >1000.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

The guy budget problems are really not your concern he is not your boyfriend or something, your confirmation to see him again next day to help him is kind enough.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Lending money to a boy who you've befriended, not to be confused with "boyfriend", will inevitably ruin the friendship. There is absolutely no upside to this for the lender.

If your connection with the boy was based on sexual services, then continue enjoying his service. If you lend him money he has no intention of paying back, you've just compromised his service in the future. I'm not suggesting being a cheap ass, but just keep the financial donations to a minimum and within your budget.

A seasoned Pattaya veteran told me years ago, that the working boys (and girls) are masters at controlling a farangs emotions, including the emotions of sympathy and guilt. He also told me that if I couldn't figure out if he was being dishonest or not, he was being dishonest.
Jun

Post by Jun »

ISAC69 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm The guy budget problems are really not your concern he is not your boyfriend or something, your confirmation to see him again next day to help him is kind enough.
Absolutely.
Just because we hire someone for an hour or so, and pay him the equivalent of 3~6 times the daily minimum wage, it doesn't mean we are liable for sorting out all his other financial liabilities.
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

Very true.
The money boys will always survive with or without the foreign visitors.