Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

An Indian owned entertainment group plans to revolutionize Pattaya's nightlife entertainment scene with the opening of a huge new complex slap bang in the middle of the city.

Baku Group have told Thaivisa that they have rented The Avenue on Pattaya 2nd Road for nine years.

Their complex will be closely modeled on Bangkok's famed Nana Plaza that rose to prominence in the capital through the 1990s.

It will be called "Avenue Plaza" and is set to open its doors to the public at the end of March 2020.

Full article: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/113908 ... in-pattaya
Dodger

Re: Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

Post by Dodger »

Interesting that all of the posts on Thaivisa regarding this topic are negative.

I see this as a positive.

Regardless of the long term success of such a venture, at least someone is investing in getting the lights turned back on which is a good thing.

I would imagine TAT see's this as another stimulus to Indian tourism and will be pressuring the Police.

According to the investor, everything is going to be run legally - so no tea money will effect its operations. Unfortunately, he will find out in short order that prostitution is illegal in Thailand which is where the tea money comes in. Either he's already taken this into consideration and worked it into the budget, or he's in for a stark awakening.

Anyway, my hat's off to the Indians for at least attempting to put a spark back into this place.

With the recent opening of a 120 room whorehouse right next to Friendship Supermarket on Pattaya Tai - and now a complex filled with gogo bars right in the heart of South Pattaya, that new image of a "family vacation destination" seems to be getting crammed up their asses.

NOW, what we need is a big investor in Sunee Plaza to get the gay farang tourist numbers up.
thewayhelooks

Re: Thaivisa exclusive: Indian entertainment moguls plan to open "Nana Plaza" style Go-Go venue in Pattaya

Post by thewayhelooks »

IF this is true, and it's a big if. As a former journalist of 40 years experience, I'd tell whoever wrote it to check their facts with other sources and get some corroboration, instead of relying on one phone call with one unknown person saying whatever he likes.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If this does happen and all this is to be done legally, I'm wondering what the dancers will be wearing, whether off will be allowed, whether any of the bars will be gay bars, and whether enough Thais will be attracted to work there to support it. It seems as if they will not be hiring non-Thais. After all, opening something like this is one thing. Getting enough people to work there, considering the kind of work it is, and getting enough customers to sustain it for very long is another thing.

I'm in favor of it. If it indeed does open, I hope it succeeds. I'm going to be one of the first ones there to see how well I like it. I've never really liked Walking Street. Difficult to find a place to park anywhere near. The crime problems. I can do without any of that.

I like what Dodger said - "that new image of a "family vacation destination" seems to be getting crammed up their asses."
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

If this venture comes to fruition, I hope the investors are wise enough to offer some diversity in the bar offerings. I know that Nana Plaza Bangkok is almost all girl bars, but there was one ladyboy bar on the second level of the plaza which always appeared busy. With the dwindling number of gay bars (and gogo bars) in Pattaya, having few gay bars, and ladyboy bars in the plaza would be a good fit for a profitable business model.

I did a little reading on the gay scene in India and found that the law that made homosexuality illegal was abolished by their Supreme Court in 1993, and the LGBT community in India is growing exponentially. Considering the fact that India has a population of 1.3 billion people, there has to be thousands...if not tens of thousands... if not millions... of gay Indians just waiting to tear those turbans off their heads and let their hair down.

This could pave a rainbow brick road for the Gay Indian, all the way from Delhi to Pattaya.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Nana Plaza soi 4 Suk Bangkok has had a major renovation recently. Besides a new roof there's more upmarket craft drinks and bar food on the ground floor. Pretty good stuff. Many of the long time sleaze bars are now up market snazzy joints. The transformation of soi 4 seems to be following the soi 11 gentrification plan. Move out the cheap and move in the expensive.

Nana Plaza in Bangkok has no gay bars but many lady boy bars with fem boys. Yet, I recently checked the apps from that area and there's lots of guys on-line looking and many near-by.

So when they say the plans are to open a "Nana Plaza Style" complex it could be the old model or the new upmarket version.

Nana Plaza and Suk 4 are mostly now patronized by Japanese and Indian men in small groups. Sometimes loud and obnoxious.

I wonder if these are the same "Indian Entertainment Moguls" as described by the Post who bought up a big chunk of land on Suk 11 including where 'Cheap Charlie Bar' was located, demolished the buildings, leveled the ground and appears to have then abandoned the planed project or maybe it's just stalled? That seems to happen a lot in Thailand.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Trongpai wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:27 pm Nana Plaza soi 4 Suk Bangkok has had a major renovation recently.
Below is a link to one of Stickman's write ups on Nana Plaza from 2010.

This is the best historical read on Nana Plaza I've ever seen.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly- ... -memories/