Own a House in Thailand...Surprise!

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Own a House in Thailand...Surprise!

Post by Dodger »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 am Thus my question as to which government as the retroactive real estate tax may be one imposed by the City rather than the by the country of Thailand.
Provisions are included in the new Land Act, for all property taxes, including retroactive property taxes, to be imposed (administered) by the local jurisdiction. For instance, those residing in Pattaya would receive their tax bill from Pattaya City. Provisions are also included which allow each jurisdiction to determine the actual tax amount, as long as the tax being imposed does not exceed the maximum limits, which are established and controlled by the government at the national level.
gera

Post by gera »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 am Which government?
Precisely my question. I suspect the bill is for local Pattaya real estate tax. The new government real estate tax is only very expensive properties.
I do consider to buy a house and I ruled out company name precisely because of local Pattaya real estate tax. The house will be on my bf name and leased to me at the time of purchase.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

There was a short thread re this subject in October ....

https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic ... 420#p97420
pong

Post by pong »

Most likely its not estate tax as such in 1st posting, but other hitherto unpaid other levies, like for waste collection and the like. Pataya council has finally found out who owns it and who needs to pay.
To compare (yes, apples and pears, I know it): I bought a new small 2 room aprtmt for myself this year, costing slightly over 150k eur back home. I have to pay about 300 eur/yr for estate tax alone and another 600+ for other such fees, like waste, watermains connection, keeping the land dry from the waters etc. OTOH I would also have to pay capital tax if I would hold that money in the bank but less.
I sold the old house happily at much higher price as this one and as I expected so alltogether I earned quite a lot (millions of Bt) and now have a more modern and comfy house and can spend a bit more on Thai boy service this time. And have found a new place that serves me very well for this.