Bangkok Protest today

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Bangkok Protest today

Post by Up2u »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:41 pm can someone with or without pretensions inform us is this FFP-future forward party in anyway connected to Thaksin Shinawatra?
No connection to the former PM.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

pong wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:10 am Seems that former Pheu/Rak etc reddish fraction has gone nearly to normal opposition, now a new partee has taken over as scapegoat for anything in the eyes of current military-civil govmt
FFP wants to scrap the old-style role call for young male Thai to serve elder generals as houseboy as way of doing the soldiertime-not only that, but even to scrap the whole conscript thing.
Thailand has 2000+ generals the U.S. has 231
Does Thailand need conscription.....Who is their threat?....The system is plagued with faults such as the ability to buy oneself out etc.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The nations that require military service of longer than 18 months include Armenia, Angola, Central African Republic, Chad, Cuba, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Iran, Israel, North Korea, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Singapore, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Togo, and Yemen.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countr ... y-service/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Sooner or later Thailand will see a military threat, however I'm fairly sure they don't need conscription.

The list of countries requiring over 18 months military service seems to be mostly comprised of dodgy states, with the exceptions of Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and Israel. South Korea has an obvious justification to the north and Israel has similar circumstances. Credit to Israel for conscripting both genders. Perhaps Singapore feels vulnerable squeezed between 2 larger nations.

I'm not sure what Thailand's excuse is.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
pong

Post by pong »

Now back to the subject of more mobs.
Just the day after I sat in a citybus and we passed the general piece of road (across the canal) where there is about a mob for whatever all the time. This time it was quite big with clearly local farmer/peasant people, quite unclear for what they were about to and the nice man sitting beside me also would not know. Either its for the govmt. not making enough rain so the rice cannot grow this year or maybe it were the fishers caught out by EU-rulings they have to treat their workers humanly (was recently another topic here). Looks like-as usual on this place, its for long time. Catering, BMA mobile WC etc. all present.
And before that in the early morning and near the famous monument for the demo-crazy was the smallest mob I ever encountered, but making lots of noise. It was the DUP-wanting to step down the 5 year dictatorship. Seems like the politics fraction of Thammasat uni who always protest against any govmt in TH, but nonetheless well organised, the very few people had black T-shirts with also the slogans on. Later I read in the BKKpost the day after that they also protested at Thammasat uni-campus beyond Rangsit.
Thats the things you probably never see in Pattay by the sea, still the biggest brothel in this world.