Poll. Short Time Tips in Pattaya only.

Anything and everything about Thailand

What do you tip in Pattaya? Short Time. Average. Select closest.

Poll ended at Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:02 pm

<1000
6%
39%
No votes
6%
6%
No votes
39%
6%
No votes
>2000
No votes

Total votes: 18

Jun

Poll. Short Time Tips in Pattaya only.

Post by Jun »

A poll for Pattaya.
The "mind your own business" option is selected by not participating and moving along to the next thread.
Gaybutton

Re: Poll. Short Time Tips in Pattaya only.

Post by Gaybutton »

I selected 1000 baht, on average, for short time, but not necessarily limited to that - never less than that. In addition to the 1000 baht I also always pay for their motorbike taxi ride to and from my place - and depending on the distance the whole thing can easily end up costing much more. If he has his own motorbike and lives on "The Dark Side," so much the better.

The only time I ever had a boy object to that, he told me 1000 is not enough and he wants 3000 baht. I'll let you gents guess for yourselves whether we ever met . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, I put 1200 as an average. Anyone good gets 1300 and the ones who did perform, but poorly get 1000.
I'm going for twinks, not some muscular type.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Despite over 80 views, only 5 votes so far? Oh well, at least nobody selected less than 1000 baht . . .

No need to be reluctant to respond, folks. Nobody can see who responded or what your selection was, not even me.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I would have hoped that anyone interested in the topic might see the benefit of contributing towards a sensible data sample size.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Thank you for submitting this poll. I've been wanting to get a feel of what people were giving to these boys these days. I understand there is a difference about what to pay the guys when you are a tourist and an expat. So far the polls are within the boundaries of what I believe.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I selected the default option. Many such polls in the past.
Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 pm I selected the default option. Many such polls in the past.
Even with low inflation, it can be prudent to periodically check if prices are increasing or remaining the same.
I also suspect it is about a year since the last poll.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:49 pm it can be prudent to periodically check if prices are increasing or remaining the same.
While this poll is not exactly overflowing with responses, with what is there so far, it appears that most are giving the young gents anywhere from 1000 to 1500 baht for short time.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

What's really amazing is that the average tip for short time sex in Pattaya (1,200 THB) hasn't changed in at least 20 years that I can vouch for.

For a working boy, the general cost-of-living for him while he's working in Pattaya hasn't really gone up that much either. I remember the boys paying 3,500 THB/month for room rentals when I first started coming to Thailand, and there are still some rentals available for the same price now. The cost of electricity has gone up fairly significantly, which the boys commonly offset by having an additional boy share the room. As we all know, the working boys prefer to eat their meals at the local food stalls which still charge 40 baht for a meal.

Off fee's and drink prices have gone up exponentially over the years, which of course the farang pays for. These costs are now being offset by using the Apps to find a boy toy, versus the bars.

It would be interesting to see what the average short time tips are in Bangkok.