Dongtan Toilet Open

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Dongtan Toilet Open

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:46 pm You’re really not all that exposed.
I'll still pass on peeing there.

For me, it's pass instead of piss . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

I have used this fine facility today. Urinal only.

It's half the price of the nearby restaurant toilet, cleaner and there is no queue. No noticeable smell. I imagine the level of cleanliness will revert to normal levels after it has been open longer.

As discussed, there is no modesty board at present, but this little problem can be solved by standing at 45° to the wall.

Payment was by honesty box. The one further along had an attendant, gender difficult to say.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:32 pm It's half the price of the nearby restaurant toilet
I'll be a sport and pay the 10 baht at the restaurant . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:37 pm I'll be a sport and pay the 10 baht at the restaurant . . .
Having done that a few times over the last 2 years, I can say the beach toilet is a lot cleaner at present. Also no waiting whilst almost bursting.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

You realize you can just wade out into the water and piss for free, right? You might get hepatitis, but hey--5 baht is 5 baht. Plus there's no way anyone can possibly see your winkie and point and laugh.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:44 am no way anyone can possibly see your winkie
Aha! Now I understand the poem "Wee Willie Winkie" . . .

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:32 pm The one further along had an attendant, gender difficult to say.
Yea, I was wondering too. A lady with chin hair or a biological male. Perhaps F to M trans?

He or she spends time at both places cleaning.
Jun

Post by Jun »

On balance, I think the attendant is mainly female. So far she is keeping it pleasantly clean

Also, contrary to the expectations of some, it has is 3 equispaced hinges on all of the doors.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Not quite on topic but if you walk along the rebuilt pathway, past the loos, right to the end you will find it is far nicer than ever before. They have also rebuilt the car parks at the far end (0.9 mile) but regrettably no seating for a much needed rest!
You will also be treated to a good sunset if you go in the evening and the whole route is in the shade at that time too. See pics