GBP

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

GBP

Post by Jun »

Some rates GBP ==>THB

All taken within 2 hours, except Heathrow.

XE mid market: 39.5072
Heathrow T2: 31.77.
BKK Airport : 36.67
BKK Airport rail link. 39.05
Vasu 39.2 (website data, not checked in person).

Transferwise: 39.5229, with fee. The fee was equivalent to - 0.25 baht on £550

Obviously both airports have terrible rates, particularly ThiefRow.

On my last trip, the best offer at BKK Airport rail link was losing approx 0.4% from mid market, which was very good. This year it was nearer 1.14%. TransferWise has the edge.
Montree

Re: GBP

Post by Montree »

I'm getting 39.5 in Pattaya now. That's the highest I've seen for five months. It actually climbed, briefly, to 39.63 in one kiosk but most offer around 39.00.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Yes. The GBP has gained about half a baht in the 26 hours I have been here.

I presume a couple of "bad" opinion polls in the UK would send it back down.
pong

Post by pong »

39,35 at the main SuperRich offices. Note that I also saw that their new office corner of Silom beside THAI and near Arena offers same best rate as the old HQ besides BigC opposite World Trade. Was thronged full of Chinese-or chnese looking aseans.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Saw 39.9 today for the first time but most kiosks are around 39.6. It looks like the pound will go above the 40.0 mark if Boris wins on Thursday. It might even make it before then.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Yes, some kind of gain looks nailed on if Boris wins, or there is any outcome which means we cannot realistically have comrade Corbyn in charge.

On the other hand, in the very unlikely event that Corbyn wins, I imagine the pound would be below 30 within 12 months.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The pound is up to 40.6 on XE as exit polls are predicting a large Conservative majority. A very good day.
Jun

Post by Jun »

pong

Post by pong »

Rejoice all thee! Its the merry time. Now that whiteyhaired BoJo has smashed the old red wall somewhere up in the chilly north where they eat pies, both GBP and EUR have gained ground with GBP even breaking the magic 40 boundary-in upward direction. Just wait&see how long this merry times will last.
gera

Post by gera »

pong wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:15 am Rejoice all thee! Its the merry time. Now that whiteyhaired BoJo has smashed the old red wall somewhere up in the chilly north where they eat pies, both GBP and EUR have gained ground with GBP even breaking the magic 40 boundary-in upward direction. Just wait&see how long this merry times will last.
Not for long. Now that Brexit is assured UK will have a lot of problems both economic and political. Unfortunately, UK voters had no choice. Voting for Marxist and filthy anti-semite Corbyn? I do not think so. Liberal Democrats was the right choice . But it made no sense to vote for them due to idiotic electoral system: eleven percent of votes and only eleven liberal democrats elected!! From now on UK is rapidly moving down the hill.