Club in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
ilz

Re: Club in Boystown

Post by ilz »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:01 pm I would suggest the gay bars might like to play more Thai music that the boys like and inject some life into the proceedings on stage. If the staff enjoy the music and dance, the customers probably enjoy the visit more.
This would be great. However everytime I ask for thai music in a bar, I am invariably answered "likkasit" i.e. copyrights which they have to pay for local artists. Seems to me that law enforcement is much slacker for foreign songs.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 pm As for the gogo bars, I would like to see them survive. To do that, there needs to be a reason for customers to visit and spend money.

Then they need to offer some fun and vary the formula.
Hmmmmmm, now where might have I heard that before . . . ?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, Pattaya has 9 gay gogo bars open now.
Near Boyztown:X-Boys, Dream Boys, A-Bomb,
Boyztown: Cupidol, BBB, Toy Boys,
Sunee: Nice Boys, Power Boys and Winner Boys.

I suspect there will be even fewer bars in 12 months. For a start, Power Boys must be on its last legs.

The remaining businesses could at least try to look at what works, then copy and adapt.

Also, every time we see a "Good old days" thread, there are stories of general debauchery in gogo bars. Some of that would work way better than what they are doing in Power Boys.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 pm On this I must agree. Nice Boys as of late continues to be a huge disappointment.
Have you been in Cupidol recently ? The current selection includes some closer to your ideal guy than anything in Nice Boys and my drink cost exactly the same, at 200 baht.