Pointless Speculation.....

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Pointless Speculation.....

Post by Jun »

There I was browsing Grindr for fun, just in advance of another trip.

Where is the photo taken ?

I presume this is taken in a tourist's hotel room, like many Grindr shots, but do people seriously take 12 pairs of shoes with them ? :o I get by with one pair of shoes and one pair of sandals on holiday. This is more like Imelda Marcos.

A Pattaya resident might have 12 pairs of shoes, but I think this is a bedroom shot and presume most resident's would have a shoe rack by the apartment door, not the bedroom door. And not leave a laptop bag on the bedroom floor when a boy arrives. Also, I guess the circuit breakers would not be in the bedroom of the typical apartment.

The room looks a bit upmarket for it to be his own room, so I get back to the tourist theory. With 12 pairs of shoes ?.

As promised in the title, pointless speculation !

ISAC69

Re: Pointless Speculation.....

Post by ISAC69 »

It's not look like upmarket hotel at all but just a nice rented room . accomodation in Pattaya is very cheap and usually 2 or 3 boys tend to share the same room to save costs this explains why so many shoes there.
Jun

Post by Jun »

ISAC69 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:09 am It's not look like upmarket hotel at all but just a nice rented room . accomodation in Pattaya is very cheap and usually 2 or 3 boys tend to share the same room to save costs this explains why so many shoes there.
You may be right. I thought even this budget room looks better than the desperately poor boys rooms I've seen, but perhaps some of them have a nice room and more remarkably, even keep it tidy.
The presence of a freestanding fan might back up this theory, as even the budget tourist rooms come with aircon and no fan.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Clues: Most shoes in pic are new and have never been worn. Single room (only 6 breakers in electric box). Cheap room (baseboard missing & hollow door). Farang has brown tints on knees. Farang wearing sandals in room.

Conclusion: Cheap European shoe salesman on first trip to Thailand.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Sandals Big C.......He is Thai/Cambodian.....standard inexpensive room about 3000 per month shared with 2/3 people.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Jun wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:11 am
As promised in the title, pointless speculation !
You are correct, pointless speculation. Nonetheless, shoe photo looks much like the collection of shoes which I and my Thai friend have one display.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Just in case anyone has any doubts, when I browse Grindr, I'm looking for cute Asian lads, not farang ;)

So he's Asian. However, it's fairly common for Asian lads on Grindr to have profile photos taken in a hotel room. Particularly an upscale hotel room with lots of mirrors & shiny fittings.
Obviously this is more in the territory of a budget hotel room or a remarkably tidy boy's room.

As for comments on the door, well places like Mosaik have moulded doors. Moulded doors are not necessarily hollow and can be had as very solid fire doors. I don't think the Mosaik doors go quite that far, but they feel like there is some structure in them.
The door in the photo has 4 hinges on it and normally that's the kind of thing you would only do on a fire door, as the hinges are needed to support the mass and resist warping in the event of a fire.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Jun wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm The door in the photo has 4 hinges on it and normally that's the kind of thing you would only do on a fire door, as the hinges are needed to support the mass and resist warping in the event of a fire.
All doors in Pattaya have four hinges, two at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. Typical construction for whatever reason.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

windwalker wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 am
Jun wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm
All doors in Pattaya have four hinges, two at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. Typical construction for whatever reason.
Nope!

Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 am All doors in Pattaya have four hinges, two at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. Typical construction for whatever reason.
Whilst I have seen the construction that you describe, I suspect it's far from universal in Pattaya.

Here is a picture of a door from the Mosaik website, with one upper hinge.