Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Pope Calls For Respect For Thai Prostitutes

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Re: Pope Calls For Respect For Thai Prostitutes

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:57 pm Appeal for respect: https://www.pattayaone.news/pope-franci ... ostitutes/
I wonder if there were any altar boys in attendance.... :lol:
Jun

Post by Jun »

I've always had respect for Thai prostitutes.
They are earning a living by providing an honest service, just like many other professions and way more honest than certain well paid professions.

Also, they cause no harm to society, unlike people who promote certain damaging religious policies (e.g. not using condoms).
pong

Post by pong »

having just arrived at swampy after he has left some story to explain this as I read in the Sing newsppr on board (Straits Times)
His sister is a working nun here in Th since some 20/30 yrs and speaks fluent Thai and thus acted as his personal interpreter, even at the visit to HM. So I assume she has some contacts with that catholic centre Mercy in Klong Toey or some same thing.
TH has around a million Christians, the smaller half of these are catholic, many are of VNese descent. Cathedrals exist in Chantaburi and here in BKk in the Tevet area, north of maligned Khao Sarn rd. and quite near the old zoo and all the palaces.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pong wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 am His sister is a working nun here in Th since some 20/30 yrs and speaks fluent Thai
Thank you Pong. Several photos showed an aging nun with him. I was wondering who she is and why she was there. I didn't know he even has a sister, let alone knowing she lives in Thailand.

I'm not Catholic, so I really didn't pay much attention to his visit. I'm just glad it all went well with no heckling and no terrorist attempts.