Free Online Visa on Arrival to Thailand

Post by Undaunted »

Checkout the countries that are eligible:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... ply-online
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Re: Free Online Visa on Arrival to Thailand

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:11 pm Checkout the countries that are eligible:
As far as I can see, these are a selection of countries that don't make the list of 64 who enjoy visa free access. So it's hardly going to be full of G7 countries.

The only odd one is Taiwan, which I would have expected to be in the "top tier" visa free access list.
I wouldn't think they are that much different to South Korea in terms of economy, tendency of the people to go home at the end of the trip and so on.
Finnseventy

Post by Finnseventy »

If you arrive on a visa exempt entry, which is for 30 days, but you want to stay for 90 days, what is the best way to do it?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Finnseventy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:49 am If you arrive on a visa exempt entry, which is for 30 days, but you want to stay for 90 days, what is the best way to do it?
No easy way unless you want to marry a Thai woman :o [if married to a Thai, it can be extended 60 days]. A Visa Exempt entry can be extended one time for 30 days. Then its a border run to get another Visa Exempt entry (which if you have many or combination of both Visa Exempt & Tourist Visa, could get you denied entry, held in lockup until you get a flight back to where your flight originated OR in the case of a land border with two previous entries in a calendar year, denied entry).

To stay 90 days, the best solution is get a Tourist Visa, which will get you a permission to stay of 60 days. This stay can be extended one time for 30 days for a 1,900 baht fee from a Thai Immigration Office.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

In your original post you said U bought a condo in Jomtien...What sought of visa did U have at that time?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Finnseventy

Post by Finnseventy »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 pm In your original post you said U bought a condo in Jomtien...What sought of visa did U have at that time?
I have been just getting visa exempt on arrival and leaving within 30 days. Returning after a short break elsewhere or going home.
Next summer, low season, I plan to spend three months in Thailand. It will be the first time I will have stayed more than 30 days on a single visit.
From the response I think I will get the 60 day tourist visa in advance.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Finnseventy post_id=98003 time=1574406051 user_id=37472]
From the response I think I will get the 60 day tourist visa in advance.
If I were you I wouldn't consider anything but a Tourist Visa for your 90 day visit.

Border runs for the purpose of extending stays in Thailand should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.