Best Beach on Eastern Seaboard

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Best Beach on Eastern Seaboard

Post by Dodger »

Jay and I have been exploring different beaches along the eastern seaboard and Haad Nang Ram in Sattahip is by far the absolute best. It's not very convenient for those living in Pattaya, as it's about a 50 minute drive from South Pattaya and you would need a vehicle to get there, but the white sand beach and crystal clear waters, similar to Phuket or Hawaii, make it well worth the trip.

Nang Ram is hands-down the best beach for swimming on the east coast. You can rent or buy snorkeling gear to explore the coral reefs which surround a small island just off the shore, get a 200 baht/one hour massage under an elephant grass roof, eat at one of the many food stalls, etc., and the entire beach front is covered by shade tree's which makes this a perfect place for a day trip/picnic with your significant other. Notice, that I didn't use the term "boy".

The Beach is located on Thai Navy property 8 klms. south of U-Tapao Airport. Directions from Pattaya: Take Sukhumvit south (22 klms) to Hwy 332. Turn left on 332 (5 klms) and turn right at first traffic signal which is Hwy 331. Take 331 about 10 kmls (8 klms past U-Tapao entrance). Signs are clearly posted to Beach entrance. Costs 20 baht per vehicle. Opens at 8:00 AM - closes at 6:00 PM.

Here's a YouTube video I found:

Splish...splash
Undaunted

Re: Best Beach on Eastern Seaboard

Post by Undaunted »

Any navy boys there?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

There is a similar beach, Sai Kaew Beach (which some friends and I have nicknamed Psycho Beach), much closer, between Pattaya and Sattahip. That beach is also on Navy property. When going to that beach, a farang needs to leave his passport at the entrance, to be retrieved upon exit. A Thai driver has to leave his ID card.

At Haad Nam Ram beach is leaving ID also a requirement?

Haad Nam Ram beach is one I am going to try. Unfortunately Sai Kaew Beach has been "discovered." Before you rarely found many people there. Now it gets very crowded. They've build an entrance station and shuttle buses take you to and from the beach.

I hope Haad Nam Ram beach isn't like that - yet.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm Any navy boys there?
Only occasionally from what I've seen, but there are plenty of civilian alternatives.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:01 pm At Haad Nam Ram beach is leaving ID also a requirement?
No ID card required at Haad Nang Ram.

We always visit during the weekdays and it's never over-crowded, but I've heard it gets crowed on weekends and during holiday periods.

We always take a straw mat and a few seat pillows along, but they also rent beach chairs if that's your preference.

Visitors to Haad Nang Ram are 90% Thai - 10% farang, where Sai Kaew is the reverse even with the Russians gone. Just the way I like it.

Also, if you visit Haad Nang Ram, there is a great Thai restaurant located at another navy beach called Napathara Phirom Beach (NPB) that we pass on the drive home. We usually go to Haad Nang Ram in the morning hours and leave early afternoon. We then stop at NPD for a feast of some of the best Thai food I've ever eaten for very reasonable prices.

NPB easy to find: When returning from Haad Nang Ram you will be on Hwy 331 heading North. Go 8 klms and turn right into the main entrance of U-Tapao Airport. Drive straight as far as the road goes - turn right at the dead end - and drive straight ahead until you see the beach sign. (You will see a retired fighter jet perched on the lawn). Once you enter the beach area you will see the open-air restaurant on your left ocean-side. Nice ocean breeze...great beach for shore fishing and sea shell hunting...fabulous food...hung nam close by. If by chance you and your "friend" are alone on this trip, you may want to stick around to see the sunset. Just be careful not to accidentally trigger those new air bags on the way home... :lol: