Make an offer upgrade

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Make an offer upgrade

Post by gerefan »

I flew with Emirates recently who offered to upgrade me when I checked in on line. It saved a little but actually not that much, but I could select only the flights I wanted to upgrade.
Be careful what they offer. Emirates did not allow use of their business lounge or their free pick up service from home which is standard for emirates.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Actually the $1700 price is unbelievably good . A year ago you would not have found a Business ticket from NYC for less than $4000. And if you searched hard you might have found a flight out of LAX for $2700 RT . There is such a glut of seats that fares are ridiculously low as long as you have flexibility on when and days of the week you will travel. There are RT fares out of JFK-BKK for $438 RT . It costs that much to fly RT too LAX.

I look sometimes for friends which is why I am up to date. I have not paid for a RT Business Class International flight for years . I have taken advantage of the stupid CC bonuses to pile up miles which has allowed me to fly Business for the last 7 years for the taxes . And I still have enough points/miles for another 4 International RT tickets. Then I will be forced to look for the best fares for myself. Only exception was I could not find flights to Cape Town, South Africa and had to search for a long time before I found a great fare on Qatar.

I'll have to admit I have not looked on Flyer Talk for years but can't imagine anyone paying $600 for a 1 leg upgrade when they could have all 4 legs for $1100 more then the $600 Economy ticket.
gera

Post by gera »

Rocket, I have no doubt that you can afford to pay much more for your tickets and after all there are concrete reasons why your current tickets are so cheap. Without going in details i would never fly with this airline. Unless you plan to live forever (which is a good plan 55) and need to stretch your retirement funds indefinitely why not to fly with normal airline and in conditions that are not dangerous for your health? You are no longer a 20 years old stud...
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

If you live in the US and your credit rating is at least in the 700's , then you are missing out . Chase for example you can get 4 cards over time where the points earned equal at least 240,000 points which can be transferred into UA miles at 1-1 . UA is the best because they have so many partner airlines in the Star Alliance that you can usually find flights . Of course the gimmick is that you need to spend anywhere from $3000-$5000 in 3 -4 months to capture the points. Of course if you fly for Business that is easier but even if you don't planning when to get the card , allows you to use the card when you know you have some big bills coming.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/top-trav ... dit-cards/