Make an offer upgrade

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Make an offer upgrade

Post by Undaunted »

rocket wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:45 am Air China has offered me an upgrade on my flight from New York to Beijing in ten days, from coach to business class.
Don’t understand what the Air China flight from NY has to do with the r/t flight from NY-BKK :?:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

GWMinUS wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:26 pm I think my problem with the offer is that China not tell you whether your Offer is accepted until you are at Check-in.
That seems very strange to me. Suppose 4 people make an offer, but none of the offers is good enough. That means they all end up in cattle class, but wouldn't that leave a vacant business class seat?

On the other hand, if one of the offers is accepted, since there would have been 4 cattle class seats in case none of the offers was accepted, wouldn't that leave a cattle class seat vacant?

Suppose there are 2 business class seat available. Would two bidders get the seats?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Make whatever offer you feel comfort with “nothing ventured nothing gained”.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Presumably this is an auction ? Therefore it depends on what other punters bid.

Also, there is a forum called "flyer talk", so google something like "flyer talk air china bid for seat upgrade".

If $300 is your limit, bid that.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Why not find out the price of a business class ticket from a booking site? It will give you some idea of the band to work in. Check for, say, 3 months ahead. On your own flight now, business class will be sold at an inflated price .
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:54 pm That seems very strange to me.
If 4 people make an offer and there are two places, the highest two offers will get it.

If these upgrades are accepted. then the two "spare" cattle class seats will go to overbooked and/or standby customers.

I think just about any offer would be good enough to accept - provided there was the capacity to accept it. After all, the plane flies anyway. The biggest business risk is hacking off the customers who paid the full business class price - and find themselves in the same cabin as someone who paid cattle class plus $10.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I don't know your dates so I picked 30 day span Feb-March. The prices are ridicuosly cheap. Never seen them this low. $300 just might get you that upgrade.

https://www.justfly.com/flight/search?n ... 2a14d2ca91
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This upgrade method reminds me of several game shows on TV.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I'm interested why you would think $1700+ is expensive for these flights . Yes the return flight has a 6 hour connection but really that has nothing to do with you because it is the outbound flight that you want to bid on. And for sure to save $800 I would definitely suffer through a 6 hour connection in their Business Class Lounge on the return flights. They are not offering those flights unless Business Class is relatively empty. Since they use B747 's on the long flight, they have a lot of Business class seats to fill thus the auction for an upgrade

Anyways good luck with your bid!
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

rocket, I already offered $1000, so doubt your offer will be accepted. :lol: