Pattaya Immigration a Sign of the Times

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Pattaya Immigration a Sign of the Times

Post by Undaunted »

Directly to the left of Pattaya’s Immigration office is a private service center that assists people with the paperwork, photos, etc. needed for various things in the Immigration office. This service is very helpful and in the past was heavily staffed by young Filipinos as they spoke fluent English. Today I went to get a Certificate of Residence. The office that had been heavily staffed before had few staff and few customers. I needed photos and copies made and for a small fee had the paperwork filled out by a member of the staff, as he was filling out my forms I asked him what had happened to the numerous staff he said since all the new rules came into affect they have had a large drop off of customers and many of the staff had been let go.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Pattaya Immigration a Sign of the Times

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 pm I asked him what had happened to the numerous staff he said since all the new rules came into affect they have had a large drop off of customers and many of the staff had been let go.
Why am I not surprised?

Even some people who can comply with all the rules are getting fed up with all this nonsense and leaving.
odd

Re: Pattaya Immigration a Sign of the Times

Post by odd »

Well, they are clearly lessening their workload. Perhaps that is/was their plan!?