New Health Insurance Requirements Announced O-A

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: New Health Insurance Requirements Announced O-A

Post by Dodger » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:27 am

Up2u wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:17 pm
Was at Jomtien IO today for a residence certificate. I frequently use the visa agent to the left of the front door. I did ask the person helping me about extending O-A's. First question was do they medical insurance? Answer No and over age of 75. Do they have medical coverage in home country? Answer was Yes and has verification of insurance letter but does not meet Thai medical insurance guidelines. The next reply was come see us, We Can Help.
I'm having a bit of difficulty comprehending what you're saying.

We already know that people who want to get an extension on an O-A visa have to have insurance. The big question is...will retirees, who have previously received retirement Extensions of Stay on an O-A visa, be required to have insurance. Can you please clarify what you were being told.

Thanks in advance

Up2u

Post by Up2u » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Dodger wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:27 am
Can you please clarify what you were being told.
I made it quite clear to the agent (staff) that my friends have a long history of annual extensions of their non O-A visas, he was quite clear on this point. While sitting near the retirement desk I overheard the little guy who reviews documents telling several persons they need health insurance (do not know the particulars of those persons). The same little guy that told me a year ago I must have 800k in a Thai bank, no 65k per month, period.

Tonight, I had dinner with friends, all have non O-A visas with a long history of extensions. One reported that three of his American friends had their annual extensions renewed(base non O-A) again since Wednesday. I queried him, are you sure they said non O-A and not non O. He is having breakfast with two of them tomorrow and I asked him for more confirmation, with details, pics of stamps as this is important, if true. He will email me tomorrow and I will share. His friends do not belong to any forums or social networks.

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 am

Up2u wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 pm
He will email me tomorrow and I will share.
Thanks for the clarification.

It would be interesting to know if the 3 Americans were required to have health insurance when they renewed their extensions.

travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Dodger wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 am
Pacific Cross Health Care (PC) has now increased the entry age from 65 to 75 renewable to age 99.
Problem is they use Thai Age...
Therefore if you are now 75...
You are really age 76 in eyes of Pacific Cross.
And not eligible for their health insurance.

Tj

ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Deleted.

ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:22 pm

If you didn't manage to recover yet from the new health insurance requirements another bad news regarding your bank account :

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:28 pm

ISAC69 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:22 pm
bad news regarding your bank account
If you want to believe this nonsense, be my guest. Until there is verifiable corroboration, this goes in the file marked "Ridiculous."

RichLB

Post by RichLB » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 pm

That video was one of the worst pieces of misinformation I've seen. I suppose everyone noticed how slick the presentation was - complete with illustrations and embedded text. I wonder who was paying to put that out there - perhaps Italy (if you are swayed by his final plug)?

gera

Post by gera » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:39 am

ISAC69 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:22 pm
If you didn't manage to recover yet from the new health insurance requirements another bad news regarding your bank account :
I am not sure what is new here. As long as I remember there always have been capital controls to move money in and out Thailand. At the moment it is more difficult to move money in than out. If someone sold a condo, for example, and has a proof of transaction, I am sure there would be no problem to move money out.

ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 am

Everything become more difficult in Thailand: to transfer money in and out, to buy real estate, to renew visa, to enter the country multiple times a year . No wonder the number of tourists are dropping and The number of expats leaving Thailand increasing.