1 week Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: 1 week Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

atri1666 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 am And I know the going rates.
I personally know you well enough to know that. I also know English is not your native language. Sometimes that can cause native English speakers to misinterpret the intent of a post. But this has touched off a good discussion. Unfortunately there are far too many farang who are genuine cheapskates. I know you are definitely not one of them.
gera

Post by gera »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:21 am I don't know how accurate it is, but you might want to check: https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/employed-persons
The question is how unemployment is counted. 64 percent is working in informal sector: street vendors, motocy drivers, self-employed etc.
E.g. , if one loses teller job in bank, moves to the village and works one hour per week in the field , one considers to be employed.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/wo ... lously-low

Though the article is of 2015, structurally very little changed since then.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 am I've never understood why some farang try to give the boys as little as they can, and some even brag about it. Instead they ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Yes I completely agree with you this is why I advised my ongoing rate are 1000-1500 Bht for ST and 1500-2500 for LT I just tried to explain to some members here that wondered how a boy could accept such a small amount 500 Bht. For us it's nothing about 17 $ but for a Thai boy it's not. It's more than one day of average salary work.

Unfortunately I saw it myself on many occasions. A farang spending thousands of baht a day for hotels, meals and shopping, but when he has to pay a boy, arguing with him for a few hundred baht. Very sad.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ISAC69 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 pm how a boy could accept such a small amount 500 Bht. For us it's nothing about 17 $ but for a Thai boy it's not. It's more than one day of average salary work.
Very simple. The daily salary for Thais also sux. Their salary is fine if you like living close to poverty level. I hope the farang who try to give as little as possible to the boys think about that while they're dining on their steak dinner with a bottle of wine.
Jun

Post by Jun »

atri1666 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 am I forgot to mention the boy asked me for 500 Baht! There are many to ask for 2000 or 1500 but decision is a question of offer and supply.
I think 2000 is about right for long time, not short time.
If they ask for 1500~2000 short time, I counter with 1000. If they agree, I would probably tip 1000~1200. If they don't budge from 1500~2000, or continue haggling, I usually look elsewhere.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I think the thing that also confuses some visitors is the season they might visit vs. what would be considered Low Season. Although I have been absent for 2 years , I doubt much has changed in that regard. There are months where a boy is lucky to get 1 off a week and many get none. Yes there are superstars that do ok in Low Season but I wonder how many visitors realize that the boys share their good fortune to help the less fortunate boys .

Many times I have seen a boy pay the rent or give money for food, medicine etc to boys who have had no offs. The Apps have definitely changed things because it gives boys a lot wider audience to ply their trade .

I have never been able to understand Supply and Demand when it comes to the boys . To me it is fairness regardless of the season or the demand .

Certainly there is no excuse for a visitor not to know what is fair because of many sites like this and members who are willing to share their thoughts.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

Saturday is the last day. This night first time some music like karaoke but not to noisy. More funny have been the arriving men in the neighbor rooms with their "fitness“ in the night. My average money exchange was at 33.24. last stay had around 39. i liked my stay in Zing very much. Pool suite very nice big living room and the big bed was exactly like i have it at home. I learned never talk again about hookups. I am old enough i not must justify what I pay whom for what. I know I never had dissatisfied boys since 1983 and I mean with payment. All staff here in Zing very friendly and helpful. I took many food here. Had nothing to complain. I recommend the hot stone selection. I had lamb and steak fillet. Sunday at 6.23pm i will departure with Etihad to Frankfurt. From there with ICE to Berlin. I not know if i come back.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

The payment discussion does tend to come up from time to time and there are differing opinions on what is cheap or otherwise. Let's be honest, one of the reasons we head out to Pattaya is to be cheap - at least based on what we'd have to shell out at home. Scotland these days is going to cost from around £80 to £150 for an hour. Over there 1200B is about £30. Going to an overnight here is going to be £300+, sometimes a lot more still and yet all we do there is up the payment by a minimal amount. From what I hear from the boys, the Germans can be incredibly mean and many I've met don't like going with them.
The worst excesses of cheapness I find can happen in the bars. Calling a boy over, having company and a good fondle for half an hour to an hour before handing over 50B is quite common in my experience.
So who's a cheapskate? Probably all of us.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:09 am The worst excesses of cheapness I find can happen in the bars. Calling a boy over, having company and a good fondle for half an hour to an hour before handing over 50B is quite common in my experience.

So who's a cheapskate? Probably all of us.
Speak for yourself! If I have a boy sit with me first I buy us both a drink then, as I have taken him off the stage and unavailable for the time he spends with me, he gets 100 baht.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

When i remember my good times in Crazy Dragon and Eros and i had around 8 boys to entertain me.....i paid them all drinks and everybody got 500 baht minimum. When i visited the dark corners in Eros all got 1000 baht extra. These times are gone. I remember A-Club in Bangkok where i had all staff....i was really a bad boy. Not to speak about Nature Boys and other bars. First dirty experiences had in Peters Crazy Pub. I went home with clothes drenched in „milk“. Time to prepare luggage.