1 week Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: 1 week Pattaya

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:56 pmI don't think it's as simple as that. Many of these boys are struggling just to survive.
Firstly, I agree that a farang who has spent money on a flight and is spending several thousand baht per day on his holiday should not be offering 500 baht for a short time off with full service. [It is, however a perfectly normal tip for adding a HJ to a massage that you have already paid for]

However, I wouldn't want to overdo the sympathy.
The boys who are nicely groomed and make sure they deliver a good service seem to be doing fine. Even to the extent where the most successful FLY home every few weeks. So it's possible.
Incidentally, the ones doing well also seem to ask questions and even act upon advice received.

From what I see, reasons why they have financial problems include:
(i) Wasting money. Examples include partying, drugs, tattoos, and in some cases, high end phones (which get broken). To be fair, it is only a minority who seem to have the $1000 phones, but I have seen it.
(ii) Providing below average service, so they get a 1000 baht minimum tip ONCE per client and no repeat offs. These people typically contact me on the app several days latter, begging for another off. However, they blew their chance first time.

So I would suggest the working lads need to show some initiative and either make a success of their chosen career, or take advantage of near full employment in Thailand and get another job. They are young, male & need to take responsibility for their lives. They might not have the fine opportunities some of us had early in life, but there are still people worse off than them & they need to make the most of what is available to them.

Incidentally, I wonder how many would get more off's if they took just a little bit of care with their appearance. Shave, DON'T waste money on tattoos and keep in good shape.

So instead of the sympathy, I draw the line at tipping fairly, treating them well and for the minority who even ask questions, I try to give them the best possible answers and advice.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:32 pm Firstly, I agree that a farang who has spent money on a flight and is spending several thousand baht per day on his holiday should not be offering 500 baht.
That's the point right there. While I don't dispute the rest of your post, I think the bottom line is if a farang takes a Pattaya money boy, give the boy at least 1000 baht. Many farang holiday makers probably spend that much, or close to that much, or even more, just on dinner.

Whether some boys are doing fine, have expensive phones, take flights home, are in or out of shape - none of that factors into it if that is the money boy the farang has chosen. The decision as to how much to tip a particular boy should have nothing to do with how well or poorly the boy is doing, how attractive he might be, or whether he needs a shave. If you don't like the way he looks, then don't take him. If you do choose him, then the tip amount should start with 1000 baht.

If you don't want to tip at least 1000 baht, then don't take a money boy. There are plenty of non-money boys around.

Many gay farang holiday makers come to Thailand thinking the only way to get a boy, and find an attractive willing boy quickly so you don't have to spend a lot of your holiday time searching, is to take a bar boy or some other money boy. Guess what - you couldn't be more wrong.
belg0001

Post by belg0001 »

I agree with the minimum 1.000 Bth. But I will come to Pattaya on holiday and I try to find a boy on GR to stay with me. I got 12 answers, the MAXIMUM was 1500 Bth per day! I expected a lot more...… the best offer (and I mean the best boy) was only 1.200 Bth a day… and I just asked , I did not impose any limit …and I will pay more (if the boy is ok) . I have the impression that prices are going down..... some years ago, all boys asked 2.000 for a night…. why is it so cheap now ?
gera

Post by gera »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:32 pm So I would suggest the working lads need to show some initiative and either make a success of their chosen career, or take advantage of near full employment in Thailand and get another job.
Almost full employment in Thailand is a myth spread by the government. It is simply false.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Interesting discussion . The one thing I did not see mentioned was the time of year of the visit . There is a very low season for visitors to Pattaya probably more so than Bangkok. Boys struggle during low season . There are many more boys than customers . And yes some boys waste their money on the newest phone , but in my experience they are a small minority .Many customers have never visited a room where a boy sleeps . Enlightening experience I assure you. And the rent has to be paid regardless if it is Low and Slow Season.

Do boys make up stories for sympathy? Of course some do but others have to send money to mama because the fields have flooded and the family has no money. In general I don't believe prices have gone down , in fact for some boys in Pattaya they have probably ticked up. Used to be 1000 short time and 1500 overnight. In many cases the overnight has probably gone up from 1500 -2000. Popular boys have realized that 2 short times during high season is much better than an overnight and thus they ask for more . Some visitors think about the exchange rate they used to get and think things are more expensive and of course they are . But the exchange rate means nothing to the boys . They think in terms of baht only and I'm pretty sure many of their expenses have risen faster than their payments.

In 18 years of visits and 18 months of living in BKK almost full time , I only ran into 1 thief and he was very good at his thievery. Not sure if there are many places a visitor would be so lucky and with so much to choose from.
Jun

Post by Jun »

gera wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 am Almost full employment in Thailand is a myth spread by the government. It is simply false.
So do you have your own independent unemployment data that's verified to be more accurate than that of the government ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:04 am And yes some boys waste their money on the newest phone
Also, don't forget that the newest phone may not really be the newest phone. Counterfeit phones are dirt cheap compared to the real thing . . .

Some of the boys have the newest and most expensive phone not necessarily because they wasted their own money. Often enough they manage to get a farang to buy it for them.

Jun wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 am
gera wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 am Almost full employment in Thailand is a myth spread by the government. It is simply false.
So do you have your own independent unemployment data that's verified to be more accurate than that of the government ?
I don't know how accurate it is, but you might want to check: https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/employed-persons

belg0001 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:23 am some years ago, all boys asked 2.000 for a night…. why is it so cheap now ?
I can't your question, but even at 2000 baht per night (at current exchange rates approximately US$66), I don't know very many places where boys would be willing to agree to spend an entire night with a total stranger, someone they have not even personally met, at that price.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

When an average salary in Thailand of about 10k a month or about 330 Baht a day when you are supposed to work about 8 hours a day, no wonder many boys will accept 500 Baht if he has no choice for spending about one hour with customer. It's still a substantial amount for a Thai boy, However I
pay 1000-1500 Baht for ST or 1500-2500 Baht for LT .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ISAC69 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 am It's still a substantial amount for a Thai boy
The point is it is not a substantial amount for the farang customer. Whether it is or is not a substantial amount for the boy is irrelevant. Where else is an aging farang going to find a young gent to be his willing sex partner, whether for an hour or whatever, and then give him a measly 500 baht and think the boy will be happy? Again, if a gay farang comes to Thailand mainly for the boys, then just give them the fucking 1000 baht. I'm sure that won't put any holiday makers in the poorhouse when they return home or ruin their holiday when they're in Thailand.

If a holiday maker thinks he can't afford it, then eat a cheaper dinner, drink less, stay in a less expensive hotel, and save money that way. But don't try to get away with being a cheapskate with the boys. I've never understood why some farang try to give the boys as little as they can, and some even brag about it. Instead they ought to be ashamed of themselves.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I forgot to mention the boy asked me for 500 Baht! There are many to ask for 2000 or 1500 but decision is a question of offer and supply. After arrival had around 50 offers from internet. When I have a deal I pay it. And I know the going rates.