1 week Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: 1 week Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

The OP stated he was here 3 years ago......he cannot plead ignorance.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

I agree that the minimum for any adequate performance is 1000. For those who are good and don't rush, I might pay 1200 (Pattaya).

The difficulty occurs with poor performers and non-performers, although non-performers are very rare in Pattaya.

With phone apps, I prefer to specify what's needed to get the tip & this seems to scare off a small percentage, so presumably weeding out the non-performers.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:30 am The OP stated he was here 3 years ago......he cannot plead ignorance.
Let's not going to make this personal, please. He did give the young gent 1000 baht. Now we are pointing out that should be the minimum. Let's just leave it at that.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:32 pm I agree that the minimum for any adequate performance is 1000. For those who are good and don't rush, I might pay 1200 (Pattaya).

The difficulty occurs with poor performers and non-performers, although non-performers are very rare in Pattaya.

With phone apps, I prefer to specify what's needed to get the tip & this seems to scare off a small percentage, so presumably weeding out the non-performers.
I agree with everything you say but some of us fail to realize that there are people who will try to take advantage of desperation. I had a regular for a few years when I visited Pattaya and he would stay overnight . He used Gayromeo a lot and 1 night he failed to log out . I read some messages that he got and it was truly sickening . Customers offering him 500 baht for everything and even less . I asked him about it and he said Normal
. If I have to pay for my room , or get food or send some money home , I have to accept even if I am not happy. Of course this happens more often in Low Season when customers are rare .

It is not a rare thing at all sadly in Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:29 pm It is not a rare thing at all sadly in Pattaya.
I'm going to repeat something I've posted several times in he past, since this topic seems to be morphing into tip amounts for the young gents.

There are far too many farang who come to Thailand, spending a large amount of money just getting here, stay in good hotels, treat themselves to good meals, drink as if imbibing as much alcohol as possible is a virtue, and then try to save money by being cheap with the boys - and the boys are the reason they come here in the first place.

That's been on my "I Don't Get It" list for a very long time.
Jun

Post by Jun »

On average, I'm probably paying a short time tip equivalent to the hotel cost and a long time one that always exceeds it. And I still stay in clean comfortable hotels.
Now I certainly DON'T expect people staying in the high end hotels to tip in proportion to the room cost, but if someone is paying 5000 baht for a hotel, I would like to think they also tip at least 1000.

As for lads getting 500 baht offers on the apps, well if they don't like it, all they have to do is block the people doing that. Just like I do with all the people from Africa, Russia etc. Plus the ones who send tasteless pics.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 pm As for lads getting 500 baht offers on the apps, well if they don't like it, all they have to do is block the people doing that.
I don't think it's as simple as that. Many of these boys are struggling just to survive. If someone offers only 500 baht, many will accept it out of necessity. While that's their choice, I find it reprehensible that the customer even offers less than 1000 baht. It would be awfully difficult to convince me that gay farang coming to Thailand can't manage to cough up 1000 baht for the boys - at minimum.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Exactly!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

What happens if you are approached by a boy who says “I go with you “ 500” do you say no no I insist 1000...... :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:16 pm What happens if you are approached by a boy who says “I go with you “ 500” do you say no no I insist 1000...... :roll:
I might tell him that's fine and he will "go with you" expecting 500 baht. Be that as it may, he'll get 1000 baht - maybe even more.

I'm guessing at places such as Bangkok's Saranrom Park the going rate probably is still 500 baht for 'short time'. Even so, if I can't afford to give a boy at least 1000 baht, then I'll live without taking a boy until I can afford it.