Makha Bucha day 2020

Anything and everything about Thailand
belg0001

Makha Bucha day 2020

Post by belg0001 »

Hello, I am coming to Pattaya for holiday in February 2020. Makha Bucha day is on Saturday Feb 8 (some sites state that it is on Sunday feb 9??). I know there is no alcohol sale that day. But will the bars be closed ? And what on Monday feb 10 (replacement holiday) ? Thanks for the info , Jan
Gaybutton

Re: Makha Bucha day 2020

Post by Gaybutton »

It's much too soon to know, although you can probably count on the bars being closed on at least one of those days. We usually never know for sure about whether bars will be open or closed on religious holidays until the day before. Sometimes we don't even know until the actual day.

If the bars are allowed to open, you're correct - no alcohol will be served.

What I usually tell people to do, especially those here for a holiday, is if we know that bars will be closed and on which days, or whether bars will be open, but not serving alcohol, then before the holiday begins buy a bottle of whatever you want to drink, keep it in your hotel room, and make your "young male guest" arrangements a day or two before, or make arrangements via the apps. That way, even if the bars are closed, you can still have some drinks and "quality time" with a young gent, right in your hotel room.

Maybe that's not as much fun as going out to the bars, but it's a good alternative.
Jun

Re: Makha Bucha day 2020

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:44 pm make your "young male guest" arrangements a day or two before, or make arrangements via the apps.
Good advice.

You are also one step ahead of my efforts earlier this year. Being on a trip of several months and totally oblivious to the holidays, I had a "rest" day the day before the holiday. Then on the day, I think I made some random short time date on a phone app, once it dawned on me that the bars were closed.

What I SHOULD have done is identify one of the better previous bar boy offs & contact him via a phone app to see if he fancies long time that night. He probably doesn't have an open night club to go to at 2:00 am and I save an off fee, as his bar is closed.