Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:43 pm I did hear from a reputable source that is not accurate.
Can you give us any further details?

Also, does anyone have any information as to just where Eros will be or when it will open? Once Eros does open, I'm expecting a watered down version of the goings on at their Sunee Plaza venue, but who knows? Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Captain Kirk wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 am
Jun wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:31 pm Well there are more gogo bars surviving in the area around Boystown than around Sunee.
For the Pattaya locals or regulars, why do you think that has been the case?
1 Boystown almost certainly picks up more of the non-regular tourists, as it's easier to find and has a bigger profile. Also, it seems to be more widely known amongst Asian tourists.
According to my logic, on average, anyone who lives in Pattaya or makes regular visits of several weeks needs to be more careful with the budget than a short term, or one off tourist. Long termers have to stretch the budget over a longer time period. Short termer visitors might as well enjoy themselves, as when they are back home 10 days later, there is no chance to blow 10,000 baht in gogo bars in one evening. [I underlined on average, as some retirees are clearly loaded !]

Many of the Chinese & Japanese who visit the Boyztown bars do have plenty of money to spend, as visitors will observe & discussion board participants will read. I don't see many of these nationalities making it to Sunee.

2 I suspect Boyztown is more popular amongst the regular western tourists as well, but don't know why, since most will have also discovered Sunee. They are probably happy with the higher price, higher quality offer. Obviously "quality" is subjective & open to debate here.

3 I do wonder how all the Sunee police raids we read about for years has affected the gogo business there. If the police rake off too high a percentage, bars close. Once there are so few gogo bars that people don't bother walking to Sunee, there is a "critical mass" problem.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:52 pm Can you give us any further details?
Nothing, other than the source was reputable. Whether he was prevaricating I don't know.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am
Gaybutton wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:52 pm Can you give us any further details?
Nothing, other than the source was reputable. Whether he was prevaricating I don't know.
I meant details about when they are opening what the exact location will be. Did he say anything about that?

I've been trying to get more information, but so far I am coming up empty.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The one and only thing the source said, when asked about Eros and X Boys, was "not true".
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

windwalker wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:36 pm The one and only thing the source said, when asked about Eros and X Boys, was "not true".
When someones disagrees with a statement someone else makes about a topic, they normally back up the disagreement with something a bit more substantial than just saying "not true". If you chose not to ask your friend for additional comment (which is a bit puzzling), then so be it, but unless someone, either you or your friend, can expand on what "not true" means, these words add no value to this discussion.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Dodger, what do you want me to say? I was sitting with a friend in Jomtien and a gentleman walked by, and my friend asked him "is it true about Eros and X-Boys"
His reply was basically "not true" and then walked off. And yes, the gentleman was a reputable source.
Therefore, Dodger, your words add little value to this discussion, in my opinion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here we go again. Gentlemen, please. Just stick to the topic. If anyone has information as to the precise location and when Eros will open, that's what to post. That's the only thing that matters on this topic.

The owner of Eros posted that he is going to open in Boystown. That's all he said. I hope he'll post again and give us that information himself instead of making us try to find out for ourselves, as if there is some necessity for keeping it secret.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

windwalker wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:22 pm His reply was basically "not true" and then walked off.
I agree with the point you're making and stand corrected.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 am Nothing, other than the source was reputable.
I have received corroboration that your source is correct in that Eros will operating independently, not in conjunction with X-Boys.

I still have no information as to when and where Eros is going to open. Telling us "opening soon" ought to at least have been followed up with more information by now, but so far I haven't heard anything.