Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:58 am Masks would have to come off...you can’t drink with a mask on! Same goes for restaurants!
Mask gets pulled down below the chin, punter takes a sip, mask goes back in place again. Not exactly practical, but who knows what the bars will be required to do?

I wouldn't mind the boys having to wear face masks if all other parts of the boys that wouldn't transmit Covid-19 can remain uncovered . . .
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Erosboybar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:43 pm Is now all closed. Sorry, we cannot open now in Boystown. We want open for October or November ....
So help me understand... In September 2019 Eros was to reopen "soon". Then when nothing happened for that year's high season, you in December 2019 in the peak of high season let us know by posting again here that a meeting with "the government" was to be held in January 2020 and you were planning to reopen "after Songkran".

How did the meeting in January go, I assume it was with some local authority in Pattaya that you referred to? Didn't you get all clear to relaunch the bar? I had expected to see construction/renovation work in Boyztown after January to build that new swimming pool bar that you have posted about but haven't seen any. Where in Boyztown have you leased location for the bar? If it is ok for you to tell? Because surely by now your plans must have progressed far enough to have a bar almost ready for opening since the grand opening was scheduled for after April? And btw, why did you plan to open after Songkran, which is when the tourists normally leave Thailand again and when low season kicks in? Wouldn't it have been more logical to reopen before Songkran when there is a new wave of tourists coming to Pattaya?

So now you aim for October or November. So you believe Chinese tourists will be back already by then? Or is Eros still main goal to attract farang tourists and expats as it was before in Sunee?

And why even wait for October and not just say you will open as soon as the authorities allow bars to reopen? Because I guess you already pay for rent by now anyway and have a staff ready for work?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 pm And why even wait for October and not just say you will open as soon as the authorities allow bars to reopen?
Obviously I can't speak for him, but I have my own ideas and guesses. I doubt the bars are going to simply be given permission to reopen and that's all there is to it. Under the circumstances I think all the bars, if and when they are allowed to reopen, are going to have to reopen under stringent guidelines. I doubt Eros would have been able to simply move from Sunee Plaza to Boyztown and operate just as was done in Sunee Plaza even if the virus had never happened.

But now that the virus has happened, I can't imagine any of the bars are going to be able to operate as an "anything goes" bar, at least not for a long time. I'm hoping Eros will eventually open and I hope eventually Eros might even be able to be at least very close to what it had been, but I'm not expecting anything any time soon. Also, I know some of the boys who had worked at Eros and several have returned to their home towns. I'm still in touch with a couple of those boys and both have told me they have no plans to return to Pattaya, let alone Eros, whether the bar reopens or not. Just how many of the Eros boys will return and/or how many "new" boys will be ok with behaving as the boys did in Sunee Plaza - that too remains to be seen.

I think it's a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" situation. Would it be prudent for Eros, or any of the boy go-go bars, to reopen before tourists start returning or are they going to wait and see whether there will be a tourist influx and then decide whether to reopen?

Anyone knows the bars can't make any money unless they are open. But even when they are open, the still can't make any money unless the customers come. Will customers come if the bars have to operate under stringent social distancing rules, along with all the other rules that might be imposed? Will the boys even be willing to work in the bars if their chances of getting offs are essentially decimated by social distancing rules? All that remains to be seen.

Another question I haven't even seen addressed. Will the gay go-go bars remain boy dancers only? I won't be surprised if some of the owners try a new trick - a combination of both boy and girl dancers - something for everybody types of bars. As far as I know, nothing like that has ever been tried anywhere in Thailand.

We're just going to have to wait and see what happens, not only with Eros, but with all the bars.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:05 am Another question I haven't even seen addressed. Will the gay go-go bars remain boy dancers only? I won't be surprised if some of the owners try a new trick - a combination of both boy and girl dancers - something for everybody types of bars. As far as I know, nothing like that has ever been tried anywhere in Thailand.
Wild west boys in Pattaya soi 13/4 tried that in their last desperate attempt to stay open. They had both boys and girls. It failed miserably and they closed shortly after.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:20 am Wild west boys in Pattaya soi 13/4 tried that in their last desperate attempt to stay open. They had both boys and girls. It failed miserably and they closed shortly after.
Thank you. That goes to show how long it's been since I was in any Boyztown bars. Until your post I never knew that had been tried.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:20 am Wild west boys in Pattaya soi 13/4 tried that in their last desperate attempt to stay open. They had both boys and girls. It failed miserably and they closed shortly after.
I made a rare visit to Wild West Boys sometime during it's last couple of years open. The staff were all male, but were rather old boys. I would estimate some were in their forties. The drink price was high for Pattaya.
My thoughts on leaving were: "I remember why I don't come here & won't be coming back for quite some time"

I don't see any benefit at all in having girls in male gogo bars of vice versa. Assuming most bars reopen, anyone who wants to see boys can see them in Boyztown or Sunee. If they want to see girls, they can make a minor detour on the route between Boyztown and Sunee and visit girl bars. They might find more nudity in the latter bars.

What the male bars might like to do is try a few of the ideas that work in girlie bars, just to see if that works.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Fake news. Eros never did reopen.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:09 pm Fake news. Eros never did reopen.
I don't know. Technically it is genuine, isn't it? The owner said he is going to reopen in Boystown, but I don't recall him ever saying when he will reopen. Right now is probably not a good moment to be opening bars in Boystown.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:21 pm
SP55 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:09 pm Fake news. Eros never did reopen.
I don't know. Technically it is genuine, isn't it? The owner said he is going to reopen in Boystown, but I don't recall him ever saying when he will reopen. Right now is probably not a good moment to be opening bars in Boystown.
He said more than one year ago the bar would reopen "soon".
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm He said more than one year ago the bar would reopen "soon".
Maybe the Covid crisis stopped him. I'll believe he will reopen when I see him reopen.