Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by Gaybutton »

In case you missed it, Eros announced they are going to reopen in Boystown.

See: https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic ... 895#p96895

He didn't provide any details as to when, the location, or whether it will include the same type of goings on as was in Sunee Plaza, but I'm glad to see they are going to reopen. It's also nice, for a change, to see a bar opening rather than closing.

I don't know why he is choosing to open in Boystown rather than another Sunee Plaza location, but I guess he figures that the way things seem to be going in Sunee Plaza, he'll have better luck in Boystown.

Whatever his reasons are, I'm glad to see he has decided to reopen.
Jun

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by Jun »

Now that IS a surprise.

I don't think any Boyztown bar has the same kind of entertainment that Eros had, so it will be interesting to see what the format in the new location is.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I wish them well but I am surprised as the type of fun they offered will never happen in BT.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Good news but as others said here, surprised. It takes a lot of hard work to make a profitable bar in Boyztown/Pattayaland area. Just look how many of the bars there that have closed down the last years. The ones who have survived have shows and/or about 20+ boys on duty and many of them have connections with chinese bustour companies to be able to compete in the competition and pay the expensive rents in the area.
When thinking of how Eros was managed in Sunee, are they really going to be able to establish themselves in Boyztown? Wasn't their main complaint that rent was too high in the facility they had in Sunee?
I wish them the best of luck of course and hope they have a really good business plan.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:39 pm In case you missed it, Eros announced they are going to reopen in Boystown.

It's also nice, for a change, to see a bar opening rather than closing.
That's an optimistic view, looking at a relocation as an opening. For the time being, they are CLOSED.

The move is strange. Sunee Plaza bars have lower drink prices, so I assume the rent is lower as well. From my recent visits I would say they don't need as much space as their old (closed) location has. But they surely can find something with less space in Sunee Plaza?

At the current situation, the boys of Eros can easily be absorbed into other bars. Rather have 3 gogo bars in Sunee that are running well than 4 that are all struggling.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:18 pm When thinking of how Eros was managed in Sunee, are they really going to be able to establish themselves in Boyztown? Wasn't their main complaint that rent was too high in the facility they had in Sunee?
If the main complaint was the rent was too high, and considering Boystown rents are probably even higher, my guess is he is expecting many more customers in Boystown than he was getting in Sunee over the past few years.

For everyone's sake, I hope they succeed. If they don't, who knows - maybe it will be back to Sunee.

I hope, also for everyone's sake, this time they keep the restrooms clean.

We'll just have to see what the format will be. He didn't give us any details. He didn't even say if he is going to open as a go-go bar or a beer bar.

christianpfc wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:24 pm The move is strange. Sunee Plaza bars have lower drink prices, so I assume the rent is lower as well.
Considering we have no details other than his brief post, for all we know maybe he did want to reopen in a smaller venue in Sunee, but Madame Sunee wouldn't rent to him.

We can all try to guess, but I think sooner or later we'll find out the inside story. We usually eventually do, but I don't think it matters much whether we know or not. The only important thing for us is he is going to reopen. That comes as a very pleasant surprise. I hope it won't be a "G-rated" version of what it was in Sunee Plaza. We'll just have to wait and see.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well there are more gogo bars surviving in the area around Boystown than around Sunee. Assuming it's not changed too much in the last few months.
However, of course pretty much all of the Boystown area bars have more boys and more scale.
Kawaii survived for years with a handful of boys, but I read that it has closed.

Cupidol managed to slightly reinvent itself when moving up 2 sois to Boyztown, scaling up and initially packing the new premises out with customers and a fine selection of twinks. However, the difference between (say) Toy Boys and Eros (Sunee) has been much greater.

I don't mean that in an at all derogatory way, as I have been a customer at both bars with more or less equal frequency and probably more offs from Eros.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Jun wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:31 pm Well there are more gogo bars surviving in the area around Boystown than around Sunee.
For the Pattaya locals or regulars, why do you think that has been the case?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

My latest information is the Boystown Eros will actually be a joint venture between the owners of Eros and X-Boys. That may not be accurate, but at the moment it's the best I have.

Captain Kirk wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 am
Jun wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:31 pm Well there are more gogo bars surviving in the area around Boystown than around Sunee.
For the Pattaya locals or regulars, why do you think that has been the case?
I wish I had an answer for that, but I really don't have any idea.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:02 pm My latest information is the Boystown Eros will actually be a joint venture between the owners of Eros and X-Boys. That may not be accurate, but at the moment it's the best I have.
I did hear from a reputable source that is not accurate.