chinese deadly coronavirus

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by Gaybutton »

To me, being “deeply concerned” means about as much as "thoughts and prayers are with you." I'd kinda like to know specifically what is being done for prevention and what is being done if and when people come down with the disease.

I hope 5 cases in Thailand is all there will ever be, but I can't help wondering if it's really only the beginning.

As far as I have been able to find in the news, so far there are no cases in Pattaya.

Pattaya Mayor and city government “deeply concerned” about Chinese Coronavirus, Pattaya number one destination for Chinese tourists in Thailand currently

By Adam Judd

January 25, 2020

In a press conference with the local media this afternoon at a Chinese New Year event the Pattaya Mayor, accompanied by the rest of the Pattaya City Government leadership team, stated that they are deeply concerned about the Chinese Coronavirus.

Thailand on Friday confirmed its fifth case of the new coronavirus, a senior. Thai public health official told the Associated Thai press.

The Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem revealed to The Pattaya News that they are closely keeping an eye out for signs of the Coronavirus in Pattaya.

“This is a very important situation. If we don’t strictly protect and prepare for this, there may be a risk to the public if the virus spreads.” The Mayor stated to The Pattaya News.

“Pattaya is the top city that Chinese tourists have visited over this holiday period. We need to care about this situation first even if it might effect to tourism.” He added.

Specific details of what was being done to protect residents were not given at the press conference. The Pattaya News notes that many Chinese tourists seen during the New Year weekend are wearing protective masks, however very few foreigners from other countries or Thai nationals. A surgical mask is the best protection, medical experts have said, but not a guarantee.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/01/25/p ... currently/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:01 am My eyebrows might raise if upon arrival I discovered a plane from China arrived at the same time, though . . .
There were hordes of them in the airport when I arrived last month. One tour guide attempted to have his sheep jump the queue, but the staff sent them back. What they should do is refuse entry to the tour guide for about 6 hours. Have proper penalties for uncivilized behaviour.

I would have a face mask on and hand gel ready when leaving the plane. Actually, bring plenty of hand gel, as it's not widely sold here.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The Pattaya News wrote:“This is a very important situation. If we don’t strictly protect and prepare for this, there may be a risk to the public if the virus spreads.” The Mayor stated to The Pattaya News.

Specific details of what was being done to protect residents were not given at the press conference.

Huh?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:24 pm
The Pattaya News wrote:Specific details of what was being done to protect residents were not given at the press conference.

Huh?
Are you surprised ?

At the time of this post, the death toll now stands at 41.

These are the places where Wuhan coronavirus cases have been confirmed

Australia, Malaysia and Nepal all reported their first confirmed cases of the Wuhan coronavirus on Saturday. There are now 13 places outside of mainland China where cases of the deadly virus have been confirmed.

As of the end of the day Friday, 1,287 cases had been confirmed in mainland China, mostly in Hubei province.

Here are the other places:

Hong Kong: 5 cases (Hong Kong has declared this a health emergency. Schools are closed until mid February - GB)

Thailand: 5 cases

Australia: 4 cases

France: 3 cases

Japan: 3 cases

Malaysia: 3 cases

Singapore: 3 cases

Taiwan: 3 cases

Macao: 2 cases

South Korea: 2 cases

United States: 2 cases

Vietnam: 2 cases

Nepal: 1 case

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/ ... 7d4bbf4710
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thailand is now up to 7 confirmed cases.

Suvarnabhumi virus screening limited

Airport authorities await advice from China on whether to screen all arrivals, as Beijing bans all group tours

25 Jan 2020

Officials at Suvarnabhumi Airport say they are awaiting more information from Chinese authorities before deciding whether to expand screening of passengers arriving from China to try to detect the new coronavirus that is causing worldwide concern.

China, meanwhile, announced late Saturday that all group tours from the country would be halted starting from Monday in an attempt to contain the spread of the virus.

President Xi Jinping warned that the country was facing a “grave situation” given the “accelerating spread” of the virus.

Thailand has seven confirmed cases in the outbreak, which began in the central Chinese city of Wuhan. Some 41 people have died in China and more than 1,300 have been infected globally, most of them in China.

Authorities at Suvarnabhumi have begun temperature scans on passengers arriving from Guangzhou and Wuhan, but not all Chinese cities. Flights from Wuhan have been cancelled because it is under quarantine.

“We will perform a virus scan if the Chinese government announces to watch out for other cities apart from Wuhan and Guangzhou,” general manager Suthirawat Suwannawat told reporters on Saturday.

China is Thailand’s biggest source of tourists, sending nearly 11 million to the country last year.

As concern grows locally over the possibility of a bigger outbreak, some social media users have accused the government of caring more about the money from Chinese tourists arriving during the Lunar New Year holiday than public health.

“Our country can control the situation well. We’ve had patients who are being treated and are improving, many have also gone home,” Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul told reporters.

Government agencies including the health, tourism and transport ministries are due to meet on Sunday to come up with protective measures to prevent the spread of the virus.

The virus outbreak has coincided with the Lunar New year, typically a time when hundreds of millions of Chinese travel domestically and abroad. However, authorities have placed several cities including Wuhan on complete lockdown.

Many New Year celebrations have been cancelled and other public gatherings are also being discouraged or banned.

Among other developments on Saturday, Hong Kong declared an “emergency” — its highest public warning level — and cancelled official Lunar New Year celebrations. Shanghai closed its cinemas and the Starbucks coffee chain she its door in cities across hard-hit Hubei province.

In Beijing, authorities said they would stop all inter-provincial shuttle buses from Sunday in order to curb the spread of the virus, local media reported.

The reports did not say when bus services will be resumed.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ll-limited
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

This hit the Chinese press this morning:

"Travel agencies have been told to halt all group tours, the state-owned English-language China Daily newspaper reported, citing the China Association of Travel Services".

See full story:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /23908777/
tree

Post by tree »

Jun wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm Actually, bring plenty of hand gel, as it's not widely sold here.
Is a random hand gel from the drug store antiviral, especially against Corona Virus? Most of them claim to be antibacterial if at all?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

tree wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 pm Is a random hand gel from the drug store antiviral, especially against Corona Virus?
I doubt it. I don't know how well those really work anyway. I think it is wise to take common sense precautions, but I see no reason to overdo it either.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention mention (CDC), hand sanitizer could play a role in preventing the coronavirus from spreading or people contracting it, along with a list of other prevention methods.

They recommend: “Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.

"You can use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available and if your hands are not visibly dirty. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands."

According to Dodger's Control and Prevention Method (DCPM), prevention should include staying away from Chinese people, as well as people who have recently visited China. And whatever you do, avoid rubbing your eyes after giving a Chinese boy a blowjob.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:41 am According to Dodger's Control and Prevention Method (DCPM), prevention should include staying away from Chinese people, as well as people who have recently visited China. And whatever you do, avoid rubbing your eyes after giving a Chinese boy a blowjob.
The probability of getting a Chinese visitor into bed doesn't seem very high to me. I've not yet had one whilst in Thailand, although it has been known to happen in the UK.

Much more likely is offing a Toy Boy who has been with a Chinese visitor. If this virus hits Pattaya, the bars will really struggle.