Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:03 pmThere is little reason if any to visit either GoGo in Sunee frankly, I don’t think they are long for this world.
Nice Boys is something of a "marmite" bar. Some love it, others hate it. I'm in the latter category.
For some, Winner Boys is worth a visit, if they are operating as a gogo.

If Winner Boys is just going to operate on plastic chairs outside, you're right about them not going to last for long.
Perhaps they should have one last roll of the dice and raise pay to get a few more boys in. If that means higher drink prices, I think the market will stand that, as shown by other gogo bars.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

As I said in my post about Adam’s Apple in Chiangmai Post tonight I went to see the 10:00 PM show at the remaining GoGo bar in CM Circle Pub. We entered saw 2 boys only had 2 customers. The owner Ladyboy took our drink order I coke 300, 2 Heineken 600. We waited and nothing happened the owner said she was calling boys on here phone to come, eventually 1 ugly boy came on stage with a candle show of sorts followed by nothing. The owner sat with us again furiously on her phone and told us if we happen to see a boy (unlikely at this point) he cannot be offed but will sit with you if you give him 250.
My friend said or the owner why did you bother to open if you knew you didn’t have boys and no reply. We decided to leave and left 200 each like it or not.
Point of my visit to CM is do not come for the 2 remaining GoGo bars.If you like the scene in Jomtien Complex you might enjoy Ram show bar drag shows and the like or Orion bar frequented by local old queens.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Continuing with a mini Bangkok bar report: Dream Boys has moved into the former Lucky Boys bar on the second floor PP2. It looks exactly like it did when it was Lucky in the pre-covid days. Same staff and pretty much same boys on stage but I was told more are on the way.

Super A has reopened at the same location with a little renovation and a new AC. The same mamasan and the little short fella in a plastic chair has reappeared at the head of the soi. Some new hotels on the sub soi, budget types. Not a single boy in house but the mamasan showed me several pages of photos on a tablet. I did not place an order. New sign. I wanted to buy the old mettle sign but it went to a buyer from Cambodia. I was promised that they'll be a big come back with lots of boys. Only just opened tonight.

Nature/Golden Cock no boys, no customers Oct 1 1230.

Fresh boys had a full house, Fri and Sat ( 30 Sep-1 Oct) Boys now in white gym type shorts--I was told Asians don't like the more revealing tightly-whities. I said you mean women customers and he laughed and said, yea. The house was about 20% women. Same show, exactly.

Hot Male was busy but short on boys on stage. More customers than boys.

Silom Soi 4 very busy.

DJ packed.

Sukhumvit soi 4 to 11 all very busy at many restaurants and some bars. Lots of Indian, Asians and Arabs.

All the boy massage venues on soi 6 have reopened and it appears several new ones and all male staff through out. Maybe 6 or 7 shops some with very cute boys.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:02 pmPoint of my visit to CM is do not come for the 2 remaining GoGo bars.
Firstly, well done for trying and reporting your findings, with correct advice.

As you advise, I wouldn't go to CM for the gogo bars, or any part of the gay scene.

One goes to Chiang Mai to see Chiang Mai, with the hope of just about finding a nice boy somewhere as well. None of the gogo bars had twinks.
I couldn't find any massage shops with cute twinks, or even passable male staff. There was one with a website showing big muscular staff, which are not my cup of tea. If I remember correctly, customer reviews were poor.
Grindr worked, although the selection was limited.

Whilst the gay scene is definitely part of the attraction in Bangkok and Pattaya, it's reached the point where I'm not sure the gogo bars will get me through the door any more.

On that point......
Trongpai wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:14 amBoys now in white gym type shorts--I was told Asians don't like the more revealing tightly-whities. I said you mean women customers and he laughed and said, yea. The house was about 20% women. Same show, exactly.
Are you happy to keep going back and paying 400 baht a drink (or whatever it is), to watch boys in unrevealing shorts ?
You're entitled to your choice, whatever that is. I'm just curious.
However, if the 20% Asian women really don't like the revealing tighty whities and the farang customers keep showing up, without expressing their displeasure, then we're going to be fobbed off with shorts.
I'm most likely to show up at the door and if the shorts cover up too much, I'll tell them why I won't be a customer. If all the customers did that, they would be back to the rather nice thin white underwear used a couple of years ago.

I'm not totally convinced the Asian ladies really object to the underwear either. Surely they have to keep up appearances and what they say depends on who else is in the group listening ? Just speculation. I'm no expert.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:00 am Are you happy to keep going back and paying 400 baht a drink (or whatever it is), to watch boys in unrevealing shorts ?
You're entitled to your choice, whatever that is. I'm just curious.
I'm not unhappy. I'm coming at the bars from the perspective of a long time resident rather than someone on holiday with limited time. I have a list of boys in my LINE contacts some of which I've meet in the bars and off'ed once and obtained contact information. If things work out well I then have the opportunity to arrange a second, third or regular meetings. I have more contacts then I have time to engage in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Recently I've had two find me on Hornet that I originally met in bars over 10 years ago. Both now out of the scene and working regular jobs. I met up with one, older and more experienced and I hope to see him again.

I would prefer full nude on stage as it once was but I'm willing to enter and enjoy what ever is on display. Better than nothing. I just try to go with the flow and have a good time.
Jun wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:00 am I'm not totally convinced the Asian ladies really object to the underwear either. Surely they have to keep up appearances and what they say depends on who else is in the group listening ? Just speculation. I'm no expert.
None of the explanations I've been given make perfect sense, Many women and especially Asian women don't like looking at male genitalia. It might explain why there's full on nudity in some of the lady bars where seldom is seen a lady customer.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 amI'm not unhappy. I'm coming at the bars from the perspective of a long time resident rather than someone on holiday with limited time.
Limited time isn't really a factor for me. I'll probably spend over 3 months in Thailand & other Asian countries this winter. Even that limit is by choice.
Now I have been spending longer on holidays, I've got a shortlist of phone app boys who are cute, friendly and provide a far better service than the average bar boy.
So I I want to meet a boy, I can meet a proven one.
If I want to meet a new boy, it's got to the point where I get better results from phone app boys than bar boys. That's because I've learnt to ask better questions over the years.
So the bar offering has to be good to get me through the door. For me, watching clothed boys on a stage is no more fun than watching clothed boys in Soi 4 or Jomtien Complex.
Trongpai wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 amNone of the explanations I've been given make perfect sense, Many women and especially Asian women don't like looking at male genitalia. It might explain why there's full on nudity in some of the lady bars where seldom is seen a lady customer.
I agree that none of it makes perfect sense. Optimising the offer for women who comprise a small proportion of the audience also doesn't make sense.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:02 pm We waited and nothing happened the owner said she was calling boys on here phone to come...
I have a very clear policy of not entering a bar (i.e. buying a drink) if number of boys is low or I don't like any of the boys I see on stage or they wear too much clothes for my liking.

There will be more boys later? Guess what? I will come back later! (Or not, if I find somewhere with more boys now, or change my plans).
Trongpai wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:14 am Super A has reopened at the same location with a little renovation and a new AC. ... Not a single boy in house but the mamasan showed me several pages of photos on a tablet. I did not place an order. New sign. I wanted to buy the old mettle sign but it went to a buyer from Cambodia. I was promised that they'll be a big come back with lots of boys. Only just opened tonight.
Good to hear Super A is open again, I will have a look (but I will not buy a drink to look at pictures of boys on a tablet).

As for boys in shorts or long trousers, I will keep telling staff that having boys in underwear or swimwear on stage is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition to get my business.

In two months (Aug-Sep2022), I poked my head into about every gogo bar in Bangkok and Pattaya but only two got my business (Nice Boys and Winner Boys).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maybe one of these days the bars will figure out they are competing not only with each other, but also with the apps. For reasons that go beyond me, they rarely seem willing to listen to their customers. Just opening shop and waiting for the return of tourists - how come everybody except the bar owners knows that strategy only spells utter failure?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:45 pmMaybe one of these days the bars will figure out they are competing not only with each other, but also with the apps.
Yes. After asking all the right questions, I also get far better service from boys on the apps, so that is strong competition for the bars.

If the gogo bars overdress their boys, they are also competing directly with host bars, yet the gogo bars still charge far more for the drinks.
Having the boys in underwear (or less) is a necessary condition for me to pay those higher drink prices. The other necessary conditions are a selection of cute twinks and music at a moderate to low volume.

christianpfc wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:33 pm In two months (Aug-Sep2022), I poked my head into about every gogo bar in Bangkok and Pattaya but only two got my business (Nice Boys and Winner Boys).
Well done.
In my case, I suspect only Winner Boys and perhaps Toy Boys would get custom. Until I read that Winner Boys are not currently operating the gogo bar.
I'm going to make a point of telling Fresh Boys why I'm not going to be a customer. Dressing their boys in shorts is particularly unfortunate, as it was the best twink gogo bar in Thailand 2 years ago. Many cute & slim twinks in thin white underwear & in most cases, the management were ensuring that the boys were only wearing the one layer of undies as well.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Here's an example of the competition that gogo bars face from the host bars.
Whilst Divarium isn't doing this every night, the bar manager usually wears something interesting during the evening.
From memory, a beer was about 90 baht.

(On my PC, it looks better viewed in Facebook than within this post).